Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think you guys have missed something. 888's are rare, VXr's 2 a penny. You makes your choice and the rarity is reflected in the price. It doesn't seem an outrageous price to me, but that depends on the condition and how the car has been looked after.

·
Registered
212 Posts
888 are gonna take a great fall, the owners trying for top money still are dreaming, there are few buyers for there for them, mine was worth a good £6500 but sold for £5500 I'm the end! That one been white and good example I'd say around £7000 mark max

·
Registered
61 Posts
Even though the price was a little on the high side, (being the previous owner) I can confirm the new owner has got an absolute gem of a 888.
I spent an absolute fortune on it while I had it and I know you'll never get it all back but the money spent on it made it right up there with the best of them. No corners were cut and everything was done with the upmost OCD and attention to detail
All the shows it went to last year, it got nothing but praise from all I spoke to about it, especially the seats!

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the end of the day.
As long as it doesn't get thrashed and trashed now the new keeper should be a happy chappy (or chappess) regardless of how much they paid.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Even though the price was a little on the high side, (being the previous owner) I can confirm the new owner has got an absolute gem of a 888.
I spent an absolute fortune on it while I had it and I know you'll never get it all back but the money spent on it made it right up there with the best of them. No corners were cut and everything was done with the upmost OCD and attention to detail
All the shows it went to last year, it got nothing but praise from all I spoke to about it, especially the seats!

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the end of the day.
As long as it doesn't get thrashed and trashed now the new keeper should be a happy chappy (or chappess) regardless of how much they paid.
Id have it...............though im happy with mine, if you get my drift! :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Err... no. Where did I say that I admit it shouldn't be over priced??? The point I was making was I've seen some people spend an absolutely insane amount of money on their car only to sell it later for it's going rate regardless of the money they spent on it, hence "you'll never get all the money back" End of the day I got my price from the dealer who sold it and he obviously had to make a profit. It sold pretty quick so who ever bought it clearly thought it was worth the money.
Personally I think you sound a bit jelous that you didn't buy it... driving a Renault an all :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts