Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm completely new to the Network and this is my first post/thread.

Basically, I lowered my car the other day but I'm not completely satisfied with how its looking.

My Astra: 17inch wheels (All I know), Lowered 60mm all round.

Im looking to get a lower ground clearance and better wheel fitment. I'd appreciate it if someone suggested me some wheel specs to fit my criteria. I'd like to know the perfect wheel size, wheel "J", and some tire specifics to lose the wheel gap but also keep my ground clearance low. Any suggestions really.

I have no idea if anyone's gonna reply to this but thank you for reading :L

Pic:

·
Registered
170 Posts
yep picture doesnt work, if the springs were new when fitted they will need time to settle down and will go lower once settled, wheels for arch gap you'll want 18" if 5 stud 5x110 and i (think) off set is between 37 and 45J but dont take my word on that, i'm sure someone will give you definite measurements. use photobucket to post pictures.

welcome to AON

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

The general ocnsensus is 18" wheels suit the H best. The recommended tyre size for these are 225/40/18. You'll be wanting 5x110 or you can get away with 5x112 with wobble bolts. If you're looking at getting it quite low, you'll probably be better off with coilovers or air than springs as you can then adjust the ride height accordingly and generally get more of a drop than you could with springs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for replying, ive not even heard of Wobble/Wobbly bolts before you mentioned it, so thats given me a lot wider range of wheels to choose from :)

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Yeah, the idea is they have a collar on them that allows the head to move up to 2mm to allow slightly different fitments. I'm not sure I'd personally want to use them on my own car, but plenty of people use them without any problems (Y)

5x112 can be good as that's generally VAG fitment so you have a huge range to choose from whereas I can't think of anyone else who uses 5x110.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
Yeah, the idea is they have a collar on them that allows the head to move up to 2mm to allow slightly different fitments. I'm not sure I'd personally want to use them on my own car, but plenty of people use them without any problems (Y)

5x112 can be good as that's generally VAG fitment so you have a huge range to choose from whereas I can't think of anyone else who uses 5x110.
Subaru and some other jap/ French cars use the 110x5 fitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts