Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , guessing this has been discussed a few times, I have an Astra j 2.0 cdti which has had running and idling issues, finally got a fault code P0193, which has been coming on intermittently and not leaving a code , so I purchased an op com reader with the cd disc, disc was damaged when it arrived so no good at all , I’ve tried downloading the software but get the install usb drivers error , disabled the usb driver on windows 10 but still can’t get it to run, any help or a link wound be so much appreciated as it’s driving me mad .

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
There's a fair chance the correct drivers will need manually installing,
i wrote a guide which is posted on the opcom section of Vxon,
check your driver version and come back as it's important the right versions are used

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, can you point me in the direction of a decent download ? And what version I should be using ? The wife’s Astra has again failed to start , new battery full service new fuel rail sensor , was going like a dream , but occasionally just won’t even turn over , lights come on but won’t turn over , leave it for a short while and it starts , I’ve re synced the key in case it was the immobiliser causing a problem , so at a loss , hoping the op com would help identify any issue etc

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Are you looking for a recomendation for an opcom unit complete with software rather than looking to update your existing set up with later software ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased an op com scanner from flea bay, came with a cd but it was broken so looked online for a download but couldn’t get anything to run , tried the windows disable for drivers etc etc but no good , got a download link from the seller but wouldn’t download, so hoping for info re a download and the correct version and drivers needed , haven’t got to use it yet so a bit frustrating

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
The chances are that running a different software will result in bricking the unit once the firmware auto updates as the unit will most likely be running a copy chip set,if you have already tried different versions the unit may already been bricked.
I would recommend only running exactly the same software version as the one supplied,do you know which version was supplied ?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
That is a really old (2008) version and would be no use on your car even if it did work,
post a link to the opcom you bought and i'll see if i can get any more info

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi again , I contacted the seller who sent out another scanner and software , but again the cd was broken , so unusable, so I have two scanners , one completely unused and one with software there’s been tried to install on it , so guessing the unused one is good, it’s v1.99 if that makes any sense , so any direction to a download would be great if poss oh and got a full refund too

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Contact the seller and ask them which software version(s) it's safe to run on the unit,that v 1.99 firmware is a Chinese fake so the chipset will also be a copy,there's no point in loading a software version that'll brick the unit once it trys to auto update the firmware

1 - 11 of 11 Posts