Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks,

I've got footage of this ******** loud knocking bang. What the **** is causing it!?!?

It goes away when clutch pedal is pressed and goes when the pedal is slightly pressed (doesn't need full press for it to disappear)

I've had clutch kit fitted and new gearbox mainly due to the dreaded 6th gear bearing failure. Noise still exists.

After clutch is pressed and released the noise appears to go or get quieter (sound obviously close to end of video)

Pleeeeaasee help me!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant...******* car is a nightmare. Thanks all, Guess flywheel next on cards ������

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
And go kick the mechanic in the nuts. No garage should have done that work without doing the DMF

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as for kicking the mechanic in the nuts. That's not possible as he died a week ago.

No its a 2L Turbo SRI. I thought it was the thrust bearing so got the kit without the dmf.

I get a kinda vibration through clutch pedal just now.
I can get the job done for £380. £230ish for wheel and £150 for fitting.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes with genuine parts. Flywheel arrives tomorrow and car in on Wednesday if not it'll be Thursday this week. So fingers crossed.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well picked up new dmf and bolts today and car going under the knife on Thursday. �� wish me luck ����

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'm 1 ****** off cookie! (Excuse the language)
The clutch plate is ******! Parts have broken off and got stuck. So a further clutch needed on top of the flywheel!!!!

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Bad news. It's the unfortunate result of the garage not having changed them all at once. They never repaired the source of the problem. I'm afraid to say that they've wasted a lot of your money.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When it rains it surely pours and yip like most I've lots of money to be throwing away, live and learn.
Hopefully it'll be ready this afternoon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts