Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this was a good question to ask :p I'm a new small timer but want to make a start. To be honest, i've got a small engine so performance is never gonna be great but can definitely be improved. But I also want it to look good!!

So, what should I work on first? Style or Performance?

If performance, please give a few suggestions :)

Thaankkssss

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
For gods sake spend the money on style

The ratio should be 95:5 style :performance

Make it look good cruise slow feel sexy :lol:

You can do a couple of things to make it drive better and nippier so dont worry there are things available and definitely some handling mods like springs will help hugely enabling you to carry more speed in general around bends being more planted itll feel good

But first style is a must

A good start if you like could be lowering as its not too expensive, fairly straight forward, adds a lot to handling and driveability but also adds a lot to looks and will make a massive difference so in theory you tick every box and more!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You can do a couple of things to make it drive better and nippier so dont worry there are things available and definitely some handling mods like springs will help hugely enabling you to carry more speed in general around bends being more planted itll feel good

A good start if you like could be lowering as its not too expensive, fairly straight forward, adds a lot to handling and driveability but also adds a lot to looks and will make a massive difference so in theory you tick every box and more!
Ha thanks! I will definitely take your word of advice after reading YOUR progress thread! ;) It's insane. :thumbs:

Yeah will probably lower it a little and also a sports panel air filter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

Couldn't have said it better stealth!!!!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
The whole point of Modifying is what you want from the vehicle and putting your own unique touch on it. What do you get your kicks from, driving with a smile or enjoying the looks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think style is winning lol. I've got a certain front splitter in mind too, do you think it would look okay on it own for a while or would you say it's sensible to get skirts done at the same time?

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Think style is winning lol. I've got a certain front splitter in mind too, do you think it would look okay on it own for a while or would you say it's sensible to get skirts done at the same time?

Personally, I'd say get all the skirts done at the same time. I've always thought rear roof spoiler first if you don't have one. You can get away with an XP or Irmscher one on its own without it looking silly. Then start worrying about splitters and skirts, but do them all together to keep the balance. The number of times I've seen just a front splitter or just skirts, its looked silly an unbalanced.

But as said, style before performance. I decided that as insurance don't mind so much on cosmetics, but were a bit harsher on performance, get it looking how I want, then worry about the power. I just happened to be offered a free DTUK box so couldn't really refuse :) But you're not gonna get a lot out of a 1.4 without spending SILLY money.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts

Depends on the splitter?

·
Banned
7,500 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Nimraynn, that's what I feared about it looking a bit unbalanced/silly. Thanks for the advice with the spoiler :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts