Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 3 gauge conversion for my 1.9 a weeks ago and have been struggling to find anywhere to fit the oil temp sensor too..

I was thinking the best way to do it is to make a banjo bolt for the oil feed pipe on the top of the turbo as i have access to a lathe and milling machine at work. Does anyone know what size thread the oil feed bolt on the 1.9 turbo is? As i don't really want to strip all the front end to get to the turbo to get the size, then have to strip it all down again once iv made a bolt.

If not does anyone know whether i'll be able to get one from the dealers without them having my pants down? Or any other ways of which i can attach the sensor? Without having to drill the engine block or the sump as i don't really want to do it that way :/

I have a VXR banjo bolt with a hole drilled into the end for the sensor to screw into that I'm going to copy, as the VXR oil feed pipe and fitting is bigger than the 1.9

Thanks in advance if anyone can help,
Joe

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iv spoke to Gav and all he had was the banjo bolts for the VXR turbo's so iv got one of the to copy for the 1.9 turbo

And its a different setup on the diesels. The have a paper oil filter not a canister so you cant run a sandwich plate

I'll go to the dealers and see if they know the size of the 1.9 oil feed or if i can buy a bolt :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts