Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Code 82 on display please could you inform me which oil to purchase for my Astra J 2010 1.7 cdti

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
your choice in the end fella, but vauxhall wouldnt recommend it for the engine if it wasnt made for the job, i wouldnt stick a semi oil in a engine that needs fully synth, i cant say much though as i run a differnet engine to you and i choose to run fuchs oil!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the spec calls for fully synthetic
I put Mobil 1 into a Vx about 15 yrs ago . Before the Mobil 1 , the car never used oil , after the Mobil 1 it did use oil. It was the same spec as the Dexos. .

I have concerns. .

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
TBH ive never used mobil 1 due to being an "All Model" oil, meaning it could be used in a wide range of motors, the oil vaux recommend would be alot better for the engine, or something under a brand name like fuchs which matches your current cars recommendation and is persific to your engine, which opieoils do!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
no, i mean the vauxhall spec was semi synthetic 15 years go
Eh , mostly mineral on the Vx spec back then , John. I reckon VX brought in the semi-synth about 10yrs ago. When you are running a turbo the oil is defo important , that plain bearing in the middle has a lot expected of it. .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My G , always got Vx mineral , I didn't have an F but I don't recall getting the option on semi-synth 'tll about 10yrs ago.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts