Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave:

I had a bottle of new engine oil in the boot of the car for ages. It doesn't seem to have leaked but some oil vapour seems to have escaped from the bottle and has now soaked the carpet.

It's not terrible but often things end up quite greasy after they've been left in the boot.

I tried cleaning it up by blotting the carpet with kitchen towel and going over it with some foam interior shampoo, Autoglym I think. This seemed to work well at the time but I've just used the boot for the first time in a while and stuff is covered in oil again.

Any ideas what the best way to tackle this is? Any recommended products or methods?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give it a go. Cheers (Y)

I did think later in the day that I shouldn't worry too much about it, as it's primarily in the carpet ... which when I get round to doing my stereo build, will get replaced anyway.

That said, I've been meaning to do the stereo build since the day I bought the car as I'm using all the bits from the E46... I bought the car in March, it's nearly November and I've still only got as far as removing it from the E46 :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts