Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only really want some advice! First overall I want a hybrid turbo and get rid of regal's intercooler :lol:

Just wondering how much and what bhp you get and where you buy it from what do you buy. I honestly don't have a clue and how is going to effect the engine! :) hopefully someone knows but I don't even know where to start!

Dan

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
auld joe runs a 75 dry shot of nos in his var iirc, so may be worth giving him a shout out, should be able to point you in the right direction, theres also nutron on here thats running 250 ish in his vectra but not sure if its nos or methanol injection if any.

·
Banned
638 Posts
I ran 230 wheel power on my last vectra with NOS and Methanol but I wouldn't recomend it, the standard clutch was slipping at 380lbft, so I have no idea how much it would have put down with a meaty clutch but your gearbox would be like crunchie peanut butter in minutes.

You would need an expensive injection setup with rpm control like an Aquamist MF2 fuel injector controller to ensure that you only pumped in the NOS away from the peak torque and you would need extra fuel to go with the NOS. If you just up the fueling until it smokes, it will always be smoky off NOS. if you fit a water/methanol kit to add the fuel just at the same time as the NOS, you are looking at a serious money outlay.

A hybrid turbo would be a better option but you will need a remap to suit it, so you are still looking at a sizeable chunk of bills.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts