Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just to show how little i know about detailing :lol:

What exactly is the two bucket method?

And before anyone says its washing with two buckets i know that :p :lol:

Cheers (Y)

·
40,693 Posts
You have 2 buckets, preferably with grit guards.

You have one bucket with your shampoo in and the other with clean water.

The object is to wash your car with the wash solution, then rinse it out in the clean water, load your sponge/mitt back up in the wash solution and wash some more of the car.

The aim is to minimise wiping dirt/grit across your car and to keep as clean a sponge/mitt as possible!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have 2 buckets, preferably with grit guards.

You have one bucket with your shampoo in and the other with clean water.

The object is to wash your car with the wash solution, then rinse it out in the clean water, load your sponge/mitt back up in the wash solution and wash some more of the car.

The aim is to minimise wiping dirt/grit across your car and to keep as clean a sponge/mitt as possible!
Thanks for the info mate!

Gonna try that this weekend if it stays dry *fingers crossed*

(Y)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
as mickie has said just a way of you reducing inflicting defects plus all your doin is putting clean wate ron the car. very cheap and easy procedure which makes hell of a difference

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the 3 bucket method (Y)
:lol: whats that one ?

Im also really confused with all these different polishes and waxes and glazes and sealants :confused:

Aby you guys advise what im best using or which order to use each product in on on my black astra ?

Cheers (Y)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I use the 3 bucket method (Y)
You have to go 1 better than everyone else dont you :D

But in all honesty, I could use 3,
1 for washing the wheels, this then gets cleaned out and refilled to wash the car, with a rince bucket on the side

·
Registered
5,597 Posts

Im also really confused with all these different polishes and waxes and glazes and sealants :confused:

Aby you guys advise what im best using or which order to use each product in on on my black astra ?

Cheers (Y)

2 big factors 1.budget 2. most importantly prep

on mine (its black) i have 2 coats of chemical guys ez creme (acrylic glaze) then 3 coats of dodo super natural topped with dodo red mist which looks pretty good.

but you really have to get it right before hand first

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

on mine (its black) i have 2 coats of chemical guys ez creme (acrylic glaze) then 3 coats of dodo super natural topped with dodo red mist which looks pretty good.

Well normally i get get very little time to actually wash the car, 2/3 hours maybe :(

And my budget is crap :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts

Im guessing this s after being washed, dried, clayed wahsed---Then start what you listed?

·
40,693 Posts

Cheers (Y)
I just have a seperate bucket for my wash for the wheels (Y)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
yeh its after a wash routine (wheels first), claying gets done twice a year (unless they relay the path next to my car and dont tell me GGGGggrrrrrr)

As Sean said for claying dont dry after claying wash straight after then rinse then dry

Well normally i get get very little time to actually wash the car, 2/3 hours maybe :(

And my budget is crap :lol:
my regular wash and top up of wax takes couple of hours thats inside and out. but having your car well protected in terms of wax/sealant and interior always kept on top of makes this possible as its requires virtually minimal drying.

It can be done on a tight budget just get the essentials that can do more tan one specific job:thumbs:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi
I am going shopping this weekend for cleaning products for my black SXI and this is my shopping list.

2 buckets
2 wash mitts
shampoo (suggestions please)
clay bar ? do I need one?
AG resin polish (to remove swirls and scratches)
what's next, is it a wax a glaze or both? (this is where I get confused)

I am on a tight budget at the moment so looking for low cost but not to low if that makes sence. also I will be using a halford 240v polisher.

have I missed anything?

Thanks
Phil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts