Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a set of non afl bi xenon units, and have had a good quote on some OEM hella ballasts.

Now the question is, once the earth mod has been done, ballasts plugged into the bottom, loom plugged in, and a cheeky tech2. They should in theory be good to go (with bulbs obviously!).

The confusion is when it comes to the ignitors, some people have said they are needed, some say they aren't.

Can ANYONE clarify this for me before I go and spend £££ on afl's and oem ballasts for them not to work without going for an aftermarket hid kit?!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Assuming you want oem setup and are using oe hella ballasts then you will be using a d2s bulb that does need igniting somehow so yes you will.

·
15,092 Posts
Once you plug in the loom, all the power is transmitted by internal wiring. There should be a plug that goes to the back of the ignitor inside the lamp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you plug in the loom, all the power is transmitted by internal wiring. There should be a plug that goes to the back of the ignitor inside the lamp.
Ahh ok cool that makes mrore sense, then the DS2 bulb sits on the ignitor.

I think I'll play it safe and order the non afl's first and see what cabeling (if any) is needed!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Ahh ok cool that makes mrore sense, then the DS2 bulb sits on the ignitor.

I think I'll play it safe and order the non afl's first and see what cabeling (if any) is needed!
There won't be any it's exactly as stick an says

1 - 7 of 7 Posts