Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:

I've bought a new car. The BMW is seriously falling apart now. It's making all kinds of bad noises, cracked windscreen, leaking coolant, clutch on its way out, someone decided to nicely leave a dented scratch in the drivers door, and a whole host of other problems... I'm done with pumping money into it. I've had a good 100k miles out of it over 4 years, it's been good to me, but time to move on :)

I present to you, my big black one:

Vauxhall Signum Design V6 Turbo. Not a huge spec list... mostly half leather interior, CD70 NAVI, CID, cruise control, auto headlights, rear tints. The main thing is the 230BHP 2.8 Turbo under the bonnet... which considering the Astra VXR is 240 out of a 2.0 seems a little bit low... but it drives so smooth and pulls hard. Really impressed with it today. Surprised a few people on the motorway already :lol:

Needs a little bit of a tidy up in places. Mostly just giving it a good detailing to clean up a few messy bits. Nothing too major. I've found a few minor electrical issues on the way home, such as the 12v sockets don't work and the door lock button seemingly does nothing... Probably a fuse blown somewhere I assume.

Overall, not a bad day. Happy so far. Surprised I got 35mpg out of it on the way home. That's better than the BMW :lol:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
you been looking for a good one of these for a while, well done on getting it, not doubting you but are you sure its 230bhp, I think thats the same engine (Holden) that was in my saab aero and it was 280 standard and then 310 with many, many torques after it had the Hirsch upgrade. Is it a different engine from the saab or just de-tuned (with all the potential that gives you)

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's a Z28NET and I believe there are 230, 255 and 280 versions.

I think the Vectra and Signum got the 230... while the Vectra VXR got the 250.. then later Vectra VXRs got the 280.

I'm not 100% on that though. This says 230 on the V5. While I've not driven a faster one, it doesn't feel 280.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I believe it's a Z28NET and I believe there are 230, 255 and 280 versions.

I think the Vectra and Signum got the 230... while the Vectra VXR got the 250.. then later Vectra VXRs got the 280.

I'm not 100% on that though. This says 230 on the V5. While I've not driven a faster one, it doesn't feel 280.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Fair enough, glad you are back in a vx, the progress thread will be interesting no doubt.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the progress thread will be interesting no doubt.
Probably not. If I stick to what I'm telling myself, I won't be doing a lot :lol: Some basic mods like stereo, wind deflectors, bulbs, etc. Nothing too major. The stereo will probably be the big one. I plan on taking the stereo out of the BMW and transplanting it into this... but I'm toying with the idea of taking out the spare wheel and building the sub into the floor so that I don't lose any of that massive boot space :)

Put the bmw csls on it:D
5x120 won't go on a 5x110 car without some serious adapters :lol: I'm toying with the idea of some 18" XP2 or 19" snowflakes... but I've just spent enough on the car. Well, not a lot. I got change out of £1800. I've got other things to spend money on as well un-car related... so they'll just happen when I find a good deal. I don't mind the 17's on it at the moment to be honest. Tania didn't like them in the pictures but hey :lol:

·
15,092 Posts
Grille needs doing - such a vast acreage of chrome :roll:

You'll love it though, Thames Valley traffic still bemoan the loss of their 2.8 cars - replaced by the very flat Isuzu V6 diesel.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have spare TFS tickets :D
Oooh, I'll have a think about that one

Grille needs doing - such a vast acreage of chrome :roll:

You'll love it though, Thames Valley traffic still bemoan the loss of their 2.8 cars - replaced by the very flat Isuzu V6 diesel.
Grille is a thought. I'd like an Irmscher with the aluminium top.. but they're mega bucks... so I might just paint the chrome one... but I was thinking of maybe painting it silver... so it looks similar, but not so blingy? I dunno yet :lol: I was considering putting the V6 Turbo badge back on it... but decided I'll probably leave it as it is. It'll be fun to wind people up :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nice new purchase, looking forward to seeing what you do with it

·
15,092 Posts
Oooh, I'll have a think about that one

Grille is a thought. I'd like an Irmscher with the aluminium top.. but they're mega bucks... so I might just paint the chrome one... but I was thinking of maybe painting it silver... so it looks similar, but not so blingy? I dunno yet :lol: I was considering putting the V6 Turbo badge back on it... but decided I'll probably leave it as it is. It'll be fun to wind people up :lol:
http://www.irmscher.com/uk/radiator-grille-insert-stainless-steel-bar.html

They take PayPal (Y) :kiss:

1 - 20 of 176 Posts