Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im very new to this forum and even though some of you might resent me for saying this but i know about 1 percent regarding cars. i have an astra sxi 2006 1.4 and looking for an upgrade to the non lcd CD30 stock radio. i am looking for a touchscreen one with Bluetooth, Sat Nav, Android, GPS etc to make it more modern. i dont know about the advertising rules on here or adding external links so i wont put a link to the radio id like to buy but a quick google search of ''astra h touch screen radio'' would show it. my ultimate question is would i be able to plug n play this new touchscreen radio in without putting a certain code or anything like that. i was told by someone that it would have to be compatible with the ECU and the radio would not play. On the adverts themselves they say they are fitted to astra models but doesnt mention anything about any codes inputted but would just like to know for sure before i shell out a couple of hundred quid to buy one. any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer.

thanks. rob.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Hi Rob. Linking to adverts is fine as long as it isn't your own advert or one you have been paid to promote. You won't need a code. There is no issue with the ECU. That's all utter gibberish from whoever has said it. The only potential issue with the radio is if it is a foreign specification that is not compatible with our FM bandwidth and increment settings, an American unit for example. This shouldn't be an issue as the unit you buy should be made for or adapted to the UK market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob. Linking to adverts is fine as long as it isn't your own advert or one you have been paid to promote. You won't need a code. There is no issue with the ECU. That's all utter gibberish from whoever has said it. The only potential issue with the radio is if it is a foreign specification that is not compatible with our FM bandwidth and increment settings, an American unit for example. This shouldn't be an issue as the unit you buy should be made for or adapted to the UK market.
thank you very much for your reply. it is not my advert but here is the link just to make sure http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172326575750?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

the seller is from the UK and says it is compatible with my model of car so add that on to what you say it should fit and work in my car. cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts