Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

has anyone retro-fitted the new style griffin badge to their car?
I am looking to de-badge mine and add the new style griffin badge.
I want to do my alloy centre caps too, so same question. Any photos would be great! :)

·
15,092 Posts
My old car...

Grille took some work, sanding and priming and painting of the Opel blade.

Rear was easy, J rear griffin and some double sided tape. Think the facelift Corsa one is self adhesive, so even easier now.

Did the centre caps too - bought some Insignia ones and pushed the griffins off and then just removed the ones off mine and glued the new ones in place. The only thing I didn't get round to doing was the air bag.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats perfect!!!! Thanks mate. Im going to upgrade mine. You say that was your old car, how come you got rid of her??

·
15,092 Posts
thats perfect!!!! Thanks mate. Im going to upgrade mine. You say that was your old car, how come you got rid of her??
She came up to 3 years old and at the time I couldn't park at work so in effect I was paying finance to have her sitting outside my house all day, plus there was a worrying M32 failure type noise, plus MOT and service etc etc so I got rid in favour of a Coupe Turbo cause I've always wanted one, and now I'm saving the finance I was paying :D

But she was gorgeous while I had her, one of the last ever Moonlands before they deleted it, PEPS, AFL, Bluetooth and the XP.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I hope you enjoyed your time together. Lol. was just after abit of help with ref to changing the griffins on the centre caps.

Currently mine look like this. what part can you push off to glue the new griffin on??

was wondering if these would fit??

·
15,092 Posts
If that's off a J or Insignia then I'm pretty sure the PCD is different. But the griffin on yours just pulls off, it's just double sided foamy tape stuff. I bought 4 Insignia centre caps and nicked the griffins and glued them on to mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts