Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I'd say if you are not too concerned with finish then give it a bash, clear coat out of a can is no way near as good as out of a gun.......

Depending on a garage I was quoted 80 - 130 painted and fitted.........

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I personally would think about £100 give or take £10-£20.

Speak to GazzaC fella, I've seen some paintwork come out of his garage...Absolutely ridiculous!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got mine painted and fitted for £100. Excellent colour match and fitted securely. Its worth paying that bit extra to get it done properly

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
I wouldn't want to attempt such a large item myself with just rattle cans to be honest. While, yes, it is possible to get a perfect finish if done properly with rattle cans, it's very hard to get it perfect and quite often you'll be looking at it wondering why you didn't just get it done professionally.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think I'd agree with the other guys mate, I'm a confident painter, and I'd probably be inclined to take if to a bodyshop....like they said, worth the extra dollar to get it perfect :)

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the good part is, I might just be able to stick the piano black bit on and it look exactly the same which means no painting. I need to wait for it to arrive (which it didn't today, sadly. 24 hour courier my ****. Still it is saturday) but I think pro bodyshop is the way to go, especially as I have a scuff on my rear bumper now that needs attention too :(

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Well the good part is, I might just be able to stick the piano black bit on and it look exactly the same which means no painting. I need to wait for it to arrive (which it didn't today, sadly. 24 hour courier my ****. Still it is saturday) but I think pro bodyshop is the way to go, especially as I have a scuff on my rear bumper now that needs attention too :(
I would say body shop too, between £80-£100 give or take but I'd be interested to see if the black bit fits on its own ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Some tiger seal will work great.

·
Registered
686 Posts
thats vaux for you. they quoted me £800 plus vat to spray and fit an xp kit ridicolus

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats why theyre called steelers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I was charged £100 for my spoiler to be painted, not through VX I might add.

Got to be somewhere local that will charge a reasonable price.

·
Registered
32,288 Posts
Well the bodyshop my VX dealer uses are taking the **** I think. Went in there today with spoiler in hand, bloke came out and had a look at my car and told me £270 +VAT, or £270 cash...

ok thats just odd lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts