Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=3]EUROCRATS want to ban Brits from pimping up their cars with bigger alloys, better brakes — or any modification at all.[/h]A crackpot plot revealed yesterday will see motors fail the MoT unless they are exactly the same as when they left the factory.
Outraged hobbyists branded it a threat to thousands of jobs. And classic car fans — whose vehicles rarely sport all their original parts — fear they will be forced off the road.
The Department for Transport has already asked 240 individuals and organisations for feedback on the plan. The Association of Car Enthusiasts warned of “massive implications”.
Spokesman Barry Cornes said: “Lots of older cars underwent modifications like brake lights and wipers to make them safer. They would be illegal.”
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs said it was “unacceptable”. More than 28,000 work in the UK’s historic car industry. The DfT said it would “seek to minimise” the impact.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...on-pimping-up-British-cars.html#ixzz25lSAIqDP

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
I believe The Sun is being a little sensationalist here (the reason why I don't buy it).

As far as I know the eu ruling is to ensure that aftermarket parts meet the same quality that OE ones do (Y)

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Just be thankful it wasn't from the Daily Mail.... This ruling would be because of assylum seekers/immigrants/gypsies/hoodies and it'll make house prices fall :D

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - S.W region (S
4,230 Posts
Thus would be a joke, how could they ever police it!!!

That would mean disbanding MI5 & MI6, after all they killed her to stop her marrying Dodi, that's just something I read, not what I'm saying happened.
:lol: good knowing you man, you just made the MI5 hit list with that statement. MI6 deal with foreign intelligence not UK matter

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just be thankful it wasn't from the Daily Mail.... This ruling would be because of asylum seekers/immigrants/gypsies/hoodies and it'll make house prices fall :D
:lol: So true

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
So again another 'we are doomed thread', another bs thread. End of

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd forgot to put a question mark? when I found out how to open a new thread thing, but sometimes those silly brussel rules find there way to our country. sorry about missing the question mark.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts