Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow astrapeeps,

We have recently bought a Astra H 3 door 1.9 CDTI 150 after our TDi Focus was written off.:sadwave:. It may not have been the most exciting car but it never went wrong in 4 years and was dirt cheap to run.

My wifes previous car was a Tigra so we decided to return to the Vauxhall fold and went for the astra basically on looks, but having read some of the posts I am listening very carefully to every noise the car makes hoping it won't break!!

My immediate tasks on the car are fixing a minor leak on the fuel filter and getting the cam belt and water pump changed as the car has done 42k.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Hello M8 welcome to AON - whilst no car is perfect I've had my astra for a few years now and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it - hopefully yours will too:)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
According to the book cam belt & water pump should be ok for 100k although Haynes recommends 60k. Mine has done 87k and I'm just about to book it in. So you shouldn't need to be in any rush Buddy. Welcome to the site by the way :thumbs:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the book cam belt & water pump should be ok for 100k although Haynes recommends 60k. Mine has done 87k and I'm just about to book it in. So you shouldn't need to be in any rush Buddy. Welcome to the site by the way :thumbs:
Yeah, I read that in various places but there is also stuff on the interweb about the waterpumps failing which in turn causes the timing belt to fail and grenading the engine. Maybe I am being over cautious but I like to be confident when I turn the key as I have had this happen to another car and it wasn't cheap!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts