Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have bought a new o2 sensor to fit following an emissions failure at MOT, the current one seems a bit lazy.

All the ones i found online have a female connection (with the orange water seal) so went ahead and gone one.

Went to fit it yesterday and to my surprise my current o2 sensor has a male connector on the end and the loom has a female one?

Bit of a pain on the ass, thinking the easiest option is to splice and solder the male connector onto the new sensor wires but the colours are different (all greyscale but different order if that makes sense)

Is there an easy way to know which way around the wires need to be, i guess theres a 50/50 change of just guessing it correctly

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Surely better to get the correct sensor? I assume you didn't order it from Vauxhall? O2 sensors are known to cause issues of a genuine GM one isn't fitted.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Did you order the correct sensor? As in pre or post cat sensor as they tend to be different as they have different functions( pre cat for Afr which normally has the grey wires you speak of) and post cat which normally just monitors the efficiency of the cat converter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts