Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fitted my new vxr gearknob, feels a lot nicer than the standard one i reckon

I'll try and get the plain cover instead of the vxr one

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
very nice mate, did this last month and i love it, you get the plain inserts from vauxhall for about £20.00 i got one and looks loads better if you are not a vxr owner :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice mate, did this last month and i love it, you get the plain inserts from vauxhall for about £20.00 i got one and looks loads better if you are not a vxr owner :)
aye might try and get one this month, mine is marked a bit anyway and don't really like vxr badges on my car, they should only be on vxr's where they belong:)

thanks for the comments everyone(Y)

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
she will once she holds the knob in her hands :D in all seriousness, my missus was driving my astra and she commented on the new wheel and knob. its hard to explain but it does feel alot better, look alot better and totally changes driving the car :)

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Quick question for you, how hard are they to fit? I've got a part number lying around for a 5-speed "turbo-shifter" stick that is basically the same gear knob, just designed for a 5-speed gearbox instead of a 6, but I've heard it is the whole gear lever linkage, not just the knob itself. How true is this? I've been quoted £125 from Vauxhall for this.

Cheers.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
found this from another post:

the five speed gear leaver is totally different to the one fitted to the 6 speed. the five speed gear leaver has a mechanical gear linkage like the one on the astra g. the 6 speed one has two cables that go from the leaver to the selector turret on the gearbox.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sounds like it if the 5 speed has the mechanical gear linkage, I looked at mine at there was just 2 cables going from the gearstick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts