Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own an "08 Astra 1.7 CDTI Breeze" and have come into the problem of the engine going limp and having to be stopped and restarted when i reach about 2300 - 2500 revs. Once I reach about 2000 revs the E.M.L. comes on and stays on until the engine limps and I restart the car.

At first I thought it was the EGR valve blocking or that it was clogged up with soot etc but I have taken that out, cleaned it and the problem is still there.

A secondhand turbo has recently been installed about a month ago but has been driving fine since then, until now.

The day before the first time the engine went limp, the battery went flat due to lights being left on and had to be jump started.

This is my first car and the whole subject is quite new to me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I 've been having just about the same problem fitted a second hand turbo recently and all was fine had problems then with starting and cutting out but ok after it started again then after flat battery and jump start same issue as you get to 2k revs and limp mode push it onto 2k again and it cuts out.

You had any joy have you tried the pedal test to see what error codes you have ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts