Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with some guidance or advice. I've got a 2012 astra which needs a new gearbox; this would be the fourth gearbox since I bought the car in 2013 with 3k on the clock. First gearbox failed at 10k, second was replaced within three months as it didn't wasn't right (took months to get Vauxhall to admit there was something wrong with it and get another one) and now that replacement has failed. The car has only got 30k on the clock. Having looked into it I assume it is the M32 gearbox and I have been spectacularly unlucky. I'm also more than a little concerned that the (Vauxhall approved) garage who did all this have lost their Vauxhall approval (along with a couple of other manufacturers).

Oh an apparently the clutch and flywheel have gone as well.

Vauxhall are refusing to do anything, not even a tiny amount of goodwill and I'm looking at a four year old car with 30k on the clock failing its MOT in two weeks.

I guess the easy answer is to sell it but why should someone get stung the way I have!

Sorry to come on here with a negative astra story but obviously I'm financially screwed right now and don't know what to do, short of going and showing my ass to the shareholders I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

That is good to know - sounds like it isn't that as it is a 1.4 SRI turbo, although worringly Vauxhall seem to think it is a 1.6!

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
When you say that it also needs a clutch and flywheel, have they not been replaced before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoken to Vauxhall 4 times - largely because they say they will call you back and they don't. The rest were replaced under warranty but Vauxhall's computer system is pretty poor and they took ages to confirm that they had been replaced - like you misremember something like that!

The garage I am using now aren't what I would call customer friendly, sadly my previous one no longer exists. They fought my side a couple of times and persuaded Vauxhall to pay but this one just doesn't care at all. I waited over a month for a diagnostic test I was paying for.

I will be selling at a loss, not privately as I don't want to screw anyone over.

This was my first car :'(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts