Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After cylinderhead reparing got this problem. Car have done 367tkm.

Chanced all gaskets, headbolts, seals, oil, filters etc. Cylinderhead was fixed by professional machinist.

After all work done. Car start up easily, rpm is normal, engine sounds kinda loudly.
Engine running while and everything except noisy sound was normal. Little drive and then injector seals started to leak pressure and fuel.
Engine turned off and wont start up.

Chanced again new injector seals and thicker copper seal to bottom (1,5mm->2mm) Chanced also new injector bolts.
Start up again. I have runned engine about 10 times about 5-10mins. Now leaks yet, but the engine sound, knocking cant be normal.

How should i go on with this? What should i do/check next?

Is the camshaft warped?
Is the camshaft holders warped?
Is the injector holders warped?
Done injector returnflowtest and everything was okay with that.

Wasted lot of money to this car. :|

Here is video from problem -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2JNIYNrFc

·
Registered
139 Posts
How much did the machinist take off the head? If it was more than just a light skim, the engine will have slightly higher compression now.
The 1.7 engine is an Isuzu and quite noisy anyway. Can you compare with another astra 1.7?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Machinist said he took "much" from the cylinderhead, he also told that he grinded off a little bit from exhaustvalves to obtain the compression pressure down.
I'm scared that pressure is still too high.I Bought pressuremeter for this case, i have not measured it yet. I dont know what the optimal pressure should be, i quess most important thing is that theres no big differences between cylinders.

Any of my friends dont own this model. :/

Maybe my mistake was that i didnt put the thickest headgasket, i put the middle one.
Have to ask more information from machinist. I dont want to start all over again.
First i just try to drive carefully and watching what happens.

Im wondering also why the 2nd injector is bouncing so hard? I forgot to say that before but u can see it in video. 1 and 3 injector is quite normal, 4 do little bounce, 2 injector is jumping like mad.

Thanks for answering! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something is wrong with injector tightening. I followed tightening order, 40nm -> half round back -> 35nm, but after that injectors 2 and 4 is loose. :roll:
Should i try to chance injectorholders 2-4 themselves?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts