Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!! I'm new to the forum as in the past month I've got myself an Astra H 1.9 CDTI 150 ZX19DTH engine,... had to give it a bit of TLC and just found a rad/coolant hose leaking when the engine warms up... I've been losing a little bit of coolant since I got the car, but thought it was the water pump, after fitting a new timing belt and water pump yesterday I was running the engine up hot to test the thermostat and checking everything OK & found the leaking hose..... its the lower hose on the right hand side of the rad, just above the emptying tap... the hose goes from here to the metal coolant pipe on the front of the engine.. (I hope this is an OK description of it as I didn't get a picture because I only expected the one hose!!) The coolant is escaping from the top of the hose near the clip, going down the side of the hose and dripping from there...

Thing is, looking through breakers and Ebay ,there are 2 similar hoses that look like the one I need, I'm pretty sure it's coolant hose 13119223, but there's also hose 13119224 , which looks similar, but not such a wide gauge hose????? I'm going to double check the hose again 2moro if I get a chance, but I'm sure one of you guys will probably know immediately!! I've been reading up on EGRs, Swirl Flaps, suspension queries etc etc, so I know there's a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum!! Thanks! Danny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the pipes as per your reg

View attachment 35660
Typical!! I just looked & the all of those pipes are for the LHD models and have to come from Eastern Europe, which is a bit confusing, because the lower rad hose I found has a slightly different number but looks very similar!!! Thanks for your help, still a bit confused though!! Lol!!...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think my hose number 1 the header to radiator hose is leaking where it connects into the header tank not sure if I would need a new clip or a new hose? After a coolant change it had coolant around the end of the hose and on the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts