Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I purchased an 04 1.7cdti Vauxhall Astra SXI over a week ago and after 5 days it went into limp mode and wouldn't start, after a little look at everything its pointing out to be a fuel problem... great!

The car has actually been taken care of before me but I must of been stung, it has full service history and only 95k miles.

Anyway the important part!

The diagnostics brought up P0002 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit Range/Performance.

I'm guessing by all the research I've done this is either a new Fuel pressure regulator or a Fuel pump, a friend of mine checked the pressure in my fuel rail which should of been 24.0 and mine was 0.23 so not even 1% of needed pressure is happening.

I'm really stressed out just spent most of my money on a car which won't start, I'm in two minds to repair it or try get rid of it so someone else can repair it, please let me know what you think I should do and what you think the problem could be, thank you!

Another thing can someone tell me the price I should be paying for

1. Fuel pressure regulator + installment

2 Fuel pump + installment

Thanks for having a look.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Private unfortunately, the car drove perfect when I had a test run... I'm devastated but I can't do anything but repair it or sell it as it is.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to fix it I'm getting a friend to try a second hand fuel pressure regulator to determine if it's that or the fuel pump

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I would say that it was the regulator because the pressure is still there but verry little so thay says to me that the regulator isnt telling the pump to well pump

Im pretty sure the regulator you try will cure it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I've been told I'm looking at £195 + vat for a new pressure sensor/ £25 labour/ £10 to code

So altogether costing around £250.00 for a new fuel pressure sensor and for it to be fitted is this ok?

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
bare in mind, the fuel pressure won't rise until the engine is started as the diesels don't use an electric pump, the High pressure pump( as in the pump on the engine) is powered by the aux belt, but you should see a pressure rise as the car is cranking or started.

For example, my car using the torque app's track recorder last year, before the car is started as in the pre start checks the fuel rail pressure is only around 30PSi( obv after sitting for a while for the pressure to drop since it was last started), as the car is crank it increases and when its started it will jump to 4.5k PSI on tick over.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
The fuel pump is driven by the cam belt and is just a high pressure delivery pump as its common rail. If the fuel pressure is low the pump may be at fault or even an injector. I have also known the fuel tanks on the 1.7 to implode causing the fuel not to be drawn from the tank when under a certain level.
There will be a cranking fuel pressure and then a fuel pressure for it to remain running at idle.
Have you looked into the fuel filter housing under the filter for signs of metal ( gold coloured)

Also as the code is circuit range performance related "P0002 Fuel Metering Solenoid Valve Circuit Range/Performance B-027" it would be worth looking at the wires etc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Getting rid of it for a grand if anyone wants it

Full service history
Had a recent belt put in
Brand new starter motor
94k miles

Just has p0002 code, too much stress for me just want rid

1 - 18 of 18 Posts