Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then,

I need a decent mechanic in the North East who will give me a good honest quote on replacing my full clutch kit. I've been quoted £789 and figures round about but I know it can be done a lot cheaper. Does anybody have any experiences of getting their clutch done recently and would they recommend anyone?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Church St?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Mate I can honestly reccomend hedleys motor mechanics in Stella hill industrial estate Chester le street. Absolutely top quality from them and they've bent over backwards for me at times

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right I'll give them a buzz. These places are canny far from me (live in Ferryhill, work in Darlo) but if they're cheap enough then I'll make the trek. Cheers!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winlaton said £771 and Hedley said £900. They can't be that expensive surely?

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
I'm not sure it could be the labour that hikes the price up ill speak to my brother who works there for more details ie how long the job is etc

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the help whether I get the answers I want or not lads, the fact that you are posting here and trying to give me a hand is good enough for me :)

I phoned a lad who is a mechanic and uses his boss' garage after hours and he will do it all in for £560. He's just done one on a tranny van and says that the kit has everything. To be honest all I need doing is the thrust bearing.

I was thinking maybe I should just sell the motor and get a nearly-new on 0% finance... Options options...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The £700+ was including the flywheel, it was only £550-£600 without, did you realise that? (been talking to the bro in law tonight who works there)
Yeah, the whole kit can be bought for £420 at trade price (clutch kit & DMF) by this lad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts