Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

As above really i have currently been using Nexens and these were good tyres grip in dry was great and in wet good they did wear too quickly i have been looking at quite a few tyres

Falken Ziex ZE-912 and Falken FK-452 on www.blackcircles.com

then i have also been looking at

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta From
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/225-40r18-Vre...s_RL?hash=item2a005620bd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

or

Uniroyal Rainsport 2 i have asked a ebay seller if they can get them in the size i want and what price. look forward to reading your thoughts or any advice you can give?

Many Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Mickey your always there to help.

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SRishortie they are just out of the price range mate per tyre

Matt

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haven't got a massive knowledge of tyres fella but i'm running conti's sport contact 2's..

Highly recommend them, nice solid road feeling, noise isn't overly loud, wear is fairly average too..

They really give me confidence both in wet and dry and don't snap outta grip..

Get about 15k outta the fronts with an agressive driving style..

Rears are on 30k with 6mm-ish left..

Again, don't have a great tyre knowledge but thats my feelings with the conti's..

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ignoring the cost factor, I was impressed with the P-Zero Neros that I ran on my previous car.

I've just replaced a well punctured Dunlop SP01, paid £125 fitted from a place in Rotherham.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i switched from toyo t1-r to falken ze 912 and never really noticed the difference other than lasting longer and being cheaper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man, get Toyo Proxes T1-R and you will not sorry for the choice. Excellent grip!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'd highly recommend the Ultrac Vredestein Sessantas, Buddy. I had the Conti Sport's on my 19" VXR wheels and thought they were okay when the roads were dry, but not good at all in the wet. The Vredesteins are cheaper, but much better all round than the Conti's IMO. They have good hard side walls, making for a much better turn in and I even feel that the ride quality on them is improved. I know a lot of peeps running their cars on these now and can't rate them highly enough, ..especially for the money. :) Paula x

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paulieburg i am swaying towards these as camskill have got a very good deal on these £88 a tyre i paid nearly that for the nexen's. whats the wear like on them?

Matt

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And i was looking at them too they are cheaper than the nexen's. what's the wear like on them i don't fancy changing them again in 4 months like i had to the nexen's?

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
870 Posts
Paulieburg i am swaying towards these as camskill have got a very good deal on these £88 a tyre i paid nearly that for the nexen's. whats the wear like on them?

Matt
Can't comment personally on the wear Matt as I've only had them on for about 300 miles so far, but other guys I know who have them say they are a lot harder wearing than some of the other popular brands. :)

·
Premium Member
6,605 Posts
And i was looking at them too they are cheaper than the nexen's. what's the wear like on them i don't fancy changing them again in 4 months like i had to the nexen's?

Cheers

Matt
mine aren't showing any wear at all. had the fronts on for about 2 months now, had the rears on for maybe a year or so? very good tyre for the money - unless you drive like a complete madman, then any tyre will wear fast! :lol:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just been on the phone to my local tyre shop and for the Falkens £72.45 per corner fitted. which is cheaper than the nexen's so i think i will be getting these.

Cheers for all the advice everybody

Thanks

Matt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts