Brake upgrade and fluid change

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Thought ud have went for the vxr set up paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No mtec c hook disc’s with mintex pads.
It’s easier and will be good enough for what I want ?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #364

Washed, wheels touched up because because I can’t drive and keep kerbing them lol
Tow strap test fitted
Tow strap test fitted

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Haven’t updated this for a while!
Been on my track day I had booked and loved every minute of it. Definitely going to book some more next year! Need to sort a couple of issues what raised there head during the session.

Attachments

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
Track days are awesome, not that I've done any UK ones, but even the brief track time I've had with the vxr and the signum on the oscherlaben DTM circuit or the Nurburgring GP/ Nordschleife is enough to want you to do it every weekend if money would allow

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Track days are awesome, not that I've done any UK ones, but even the brief track time I've had with the vxr and the signum on the oscherlaben DTM circuit or the Nurburgring GP/ Nordschleife is enough to want you to do it every weekend if money would allow

The Ring is on my list for next year, been wanting to go for a few years but was waiting til I had tried the van on a uk track before traveling all the way over there. Though I know the ring is nothing like a normal track

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
It's a public toll road unless you do the go circuit ( immense fun but will test your brakes more than the Nordschleife mines were at 550 odd degrees after a cool down lap when I had the vxr on the go circuit ) but nothing can really prepare you fur the green hell, don't realise just some of the camber and elevation changes till you actually experience it yourself.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
It's a public toll road unless you do the go circuit ( immense fun but will test your brakes more than the Nordschleife mines were at 550 odd degrees after a cool down lap when I had the vxr on the go circuit ) but nothing can really prepare you fur the green hell, don't realise just some of the camber and elevation changes till you actually experience it yourself.
I’ve got a mate who goes 2 or 3 times a year in his scooby, he keeps telling me it’s a mad place and I won’t believe it til I’ve gone round it!
I’m hoping my brakes will hold up. Did between 10-15 laps flat out round Donnington Park before I got a hint of them just starting to fade so fingers crossed on that part.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
Been quiet again for a while,
Here is a little update.

Precat has now gone,
Installed cruise control,
Got a fmic & all the pipework ready to go on,
It needs another turbo now so this time it’s definitely getting a hybrid. No more messing about!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Nice one Paul, spotted you asked about this, glad you got it - they don't't come up that often for the 8v, the drive will be nice and smooth and responsive when all the bits are fitted.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Nice one Paul, spotted you asked about this, glad you got it - they don't't come up that often for the 8v, the drive will be nice and smooth and responsive when all the bits are fitted.
I was debating the purchase of it for a couple of weeks as you never know how well it’s been built but after having a google and reading other comments they seem to be good. Plus it’s more cost effective to do it this way then swapping turbos twice.

Let’s hope I can get over 200bhp. Targets 220 but I’ll be more then happy with anything 200 or over. ?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Going to attempt the fmic today ?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
361 - 380 of 416 Posts