Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Not long joined up here after finding you all on google and picking up some great tricks and tips for the MK5s :D
A few days back my MK4 failed its MOT, and its not really economical to repair so i set about finding a new car.
Found this for a bargain price and went to see it, loved it straight away and bought it.

Its a 1.6 Elite. The roof rails need replacing, but i've already been into Vaux to order the bits.

I've got to do something about the wooden interior trim, so i think i'll end up getting some vinyl to cover it up.

Got a million ideas for little things to do the car after seeing all the other great ones here :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No major plans for the car. Mostly just get it up to scratch. Aux belt needs doing and im getting the cambelt done as theres no history of it being done.
Im considering facelift rear lights, i think they look a million times better.
I want to do get rid of the chrome V on the front and the chrome strip on the back. Not sure if to go body coloured or black - Any thoughts anyone?
Ideally i'd like to get some wheels but i'm finding that all the nice standard Vaux ones are 5 stud so not sure on that either. Plenty of nice 5dr silver ones on here to take inspiration from though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha those are pics from the guy i bought it from. Reason he was selling this was because it wasn't used now he has the Zaf :) The roof rail things ended up costing me ~£40 :eek:!
I dont suppose anyone has attempted to wrap the front V grill? Im thinking of doing it black, but having it reversible is always a bonus just incase.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scotty - That looks amazing. I was thinking of going for matt black, but i think that just changed my mind. Dont suppose you have a link to the black vinyl you used for the V?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So a little update. The silver carbon vinyl i ordered turned up today and i couldnt wait to try it out. This stuff is seriously good, the amount you can stretch it is unreal. I did both doorhandles, and tried to do the light switch panel but got a bit frustrated and messed up some of the corners. Over the weekend ill be doing the rest of it and finally saying goodbye to the ugly wood effect. For my first try i dont think its too bad, and now i know how to work with it i think i can redo the light switch better:

Also changed my sidelights to cree LED ones which are seriously bright, but cant get a good pic to show it.

Ordered myself some of the vinyl linked by scotty above to do the grill, and some osram nightbreakers. Things are moving along.. slowly...

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I think you'd need black wheels to pull that off.

You could wrap the number plate recess though, this is a cool look, then maybe the V and boot trim.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts