Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went to a RR day sorted by Warren greenland.. very nice place and a fair amount of people turned up.

the roolers seemed to be spot on with figures as most people got what they expected..

but for me.. not so..

i ran 202bhp and 24ftlbs.. my max psi boost was 19.8 but my AFR was really bad.. im running super rich.. it was lower then 10.. if that means anything to anyone?

no my only option is to get a remap to sort fueling out properly.. just dont know if my clutch can take it (z20ler)..

on another not.. my mate with a astra vxr with a remus, tx fmic made 290bhp without a remap!! hes rather pleased.. but me.. meh! lol

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dyno doesn't read below 10.. And my line was flat on 10 for the rev range..

So really remap is my only option?

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
yes map needed to sort that out. its not major and wont kill your engine in a month, but prolongued use over say a year will damage your pistons and ultimately put unecesary strain on the engine.

you have two options: buy the clutch first and drive nicely until you can afford map. OR get the map done and try not to wear the clutch out before you can afford it?

if your clutch is slipping while mapping your car, you will never realy benefit the full potential of map. so persaonly id buy the clutch, get it fitted, dont be ragging around town contstantly and then map it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just seen this post, to say your running std map and original turbo isn't 19.8 PSI not a bit too high even if it just peaks, think mine only peaked to 15 PSI and thats with VXR turbo and stage 1 map!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure tbh. I think from reading the graph this was the boost. Ill double check.

Hopefully sat everything will be sorted..

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deleted now fella sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts