Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My red H with green bootstrip and wing mirrors...

Alright guys, I'm in the process of writing up a progress thread but I'm waiting until next month when she's lowered and has her new exhaust before I post it...

In the mean time, I just got her back from Danny (jigger) who's carried out some amazing work on my car and I thought I'd get some photos up!

I went for red and green to try something different. I chose the colour of the Focus RS as it looks outstanding when the sun hits off it... You'll either love it or hate it but I'm delighted with it and and just want to show her off a bit! :mrgreen:

When I first got her she looked like this (2010 59 plate SRI):

If only I'd done a bit more research, I'd have made an XP kit a priority! Anyway, here's how she's standing today:

And this wee one Danny took for me when it was at his body shop getting some work done... It's filthy but I just love the photo :)

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to show her off a wee bit. I'm looking at lowering her and getting a custom exhaust within the next month or two where I'll finally post my progress thread...

I should say a massive thanks to Danny (jigger) here - he's carried out all the work on my car; the colour coding, the painting, the fitting my XP kit etc - the list goes on and on. A top guy who's consistently went above and beyond. Thank you dude :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I like it, it's different and we like different :D

Wasn't convinced that red and green would work but it's not half bad, looking forward to seeing more pics of it!
Aye mate, risky but I love it :) Can't wait to take some proper photos.

Thanks dude. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good, you planning on doing the front v in green too ?
Thanks mate. Nah, I like it red... I think green would be too bold, I want the green to be subtle :) I'm looking to get a colour-coded Opel Grill with the green emblem instead :p

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
nice and clean paddy.....p.s i might have my hands on a red vxr write off watch this space i know not what you want to hear funds wise lol.....

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Nige)
17,684 Posts
nice and clean paddy.....p.s i might have my hands on a red vxr write off watch this space i know not what you want to hear funds wise lol.....

Always said you'd crash it eventually

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you mate. And my word, let a guy get back on his feet :lol: seriously though - get in touch with what your shifting... DIBS DIBS DIBS

I await a text... ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thank you mate. And my word, let a guy get back on his feet :lol: seriously though - get in touch with what your shifting... DIBS DIBS DIBS

I await a text... ;)
on a serious note retention sent away for my plate so few weeks the beast will be up for sale as is.....

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are those alloys? They look good! :)

They're VX wheels... They work for me! I've thought about getting new ones but I've literally only seen a handful of Astra H's with them and I quite like that. I think they rolled them out with the last batch of H's - mines is a 2010 59 plate.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
as soon as plate returns mate will be advertised immediately someone needs to enjoy it now more than i can..((((

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as soon as plate returns mate will be advertised immediately someone needs to enjoy it now more than i can..((((
Give it a few months...

PS Your next post will be your 1000th - congratulations :D :lol:

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Cool car dude, but you need to sort out those rear tyres if you haven't already

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol wish i could mate but put it off long enough
You're not doing me any favours here! :lol:

Cool car dude, but you need to sort out those rear tyres if you haven't already
Thanks mate - and yep I know, that was last year at MOT time. I'm replacing all four next week for safety reasons anyway lol... There used to be a website I seen back last year on here that was really good for tires - cheap too. I can't remember it though :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts