Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time for a new progress thread!

Some may know but for those new members/readers, I’ve enjoyed 5 years + of Astra GTC ownership having owned a 1.4 Turbo which ended up heavily modified (see previous progress thread)

The time came to change my car and I decided the only thing I was really lacking was some real power. I loved the look of the car inside and out, and transplanting an A20NFT engine into my GTC wasn’t going to be a viable option.

So here she is:

Modifications to follow probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Looks great JD, So you say its standard, exactly is standard please?

Can you show your progress in picture form please?

B

Edit missed out what lol

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great JD, So you say its standard, exactly is standard please?

Can you show your progress in picture form please?

B

Edit missed out what lol
Standard is from factory, 278bhp 2.0L turbo engine. 20” alloy wheels, TPMS tyre system, LED Rear tail light clusters and the Aero kit comprising the spoiler, side skirts and on the inside the half leather seats.

I’ll get a few pics of it as it came, but rest assured the modifying journey will be well chronicled

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Standard is from factory, 278bhp 2.0L turbo engine. 20” alloy wheels, TPMS tyre system, LED Rear tail light clusters and the Aero kit comprising the spoiler, side skirts and on the inside the half leather seats.

I’ll get a few pics of it as it came, but rest assured the modifying journey will be well chronicled

That is incredible horse power for standard , can you explain TPMS tyre system please, I confess I don't know it all:)

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is incredible horse power for standard , can you explain TPMS tyre system please, I confess I don't know it all:)
The short version is the valves in the tyres communicate with the car’s computer systems to display a live PSI pressure reading. Boring but useful

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Ok, I like the brakes on it:) I have a nearly new set of my own , and was/is trying to convert them, but undecided now, I have too much on lol

B

·
Premium Member
40,693 Posts
Thank you As much as I’m sure most members would have loved me to relinquish Astra ownership so they’d see less of me, you’re stuck with me for at least another 5 years I reckon

I think I can cope :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you taking anything off the 1.4 and transplanting it into this or you just starting afreash?
A couple of bits will be moved across, obviously nothing performance wise but wheels, stereo, and maybe some of the Maxton add on bits but for the most I think I’d like to have new parts on it

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Which one are you going for mate? I’ve got one in mind but it doesn’t seem to be the most popular option (for a change lol)

Going for the Maxton Nurburg one following my theme :lol:

I want an intake kit too just ain't got the reddies. Was looking at just trying to find a maf housing and make my own kit but we'll see lol

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Going for the Maxton Nurburg one following my theme :lol:

I want an intake kit too just ain't got the reddies. Was looking at just trying to find a maf housing and make my own kit but we'll see lol
Well if you need any measurements I've got the Regal RSS intake on its way :) And in the next week or so the Enhance Performance decat downpipe and cat back non-res exhaust, which I'm hoping to all get fitted at the same time GazzaC does my short shifter. Not asking him for much, obviously :lol:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts