Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 1290 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've converted my progress thread into a Facebook page for my car. I'll continue to post updates here, but in the meantime please visit the following URL. I've made the page public, so you don't need to be a facebook member to keep track of updates.

I will also be updating this thread with each upgrade :)

http://www.facebook.com/darkrain82

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Looks stunning mate, red looks awesome when its been polished.

I've had my GTC since Dec and clocked up 4300 miles so far, got it booked in Monday with Thorney to get it dropped by 30mm and fast road camber set-up, also just ordered some detailing products from Juicy Jen to get it ready for show season.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very nice mate!

Out of interest what sort of mpg you getting out of that engine?

A mate of mine has one with 500 miles on the clock and is only getting 30mpg. I've told him it will improve with miles but couldn't give him what he should get.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking good mate!

Thinking of the white/black look for mine including the roof and alloys, with the VXR spoiler,possibly side skirts, 30mm lowering and a DTUK box! ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
VXR repeater surrounds are on their way, but i've been thinking about the spoiler... should I get it power red colour coded, or black gloss to match the little bits planned around the car?
Looked into the spoiler today.............£400 :eek:

And thats not the biplane one!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Nice mate, I recon the black bit would look good. Not sure on darker rear lights tho if I'm honest. I'd like to see what the VXR surrounds look like ;)

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is something I did earlier (not very good as its done in paint)

Looks good, i'm gonna try and get ahold of some smoked repeaters to go in them... i've seen red ones and black ones, not sure which to go for. (Sensing a theme to my indecision)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks good, i'm gonna try and get ahold of some smoked repeaters to go in them... i've seen red ones and black ones, not sure which to go for. (Sensing a theme to my indecision)
Indecision............thats a word I know very well when it comes to modifying my car too! :lol:

1 - 20 of 1290 Posts