Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Its just some RugDoctor stuff i had left over from when i did the house carpets last.

Yes i used a brush lightly on the surface and continued to Spray, and Suck at the same time until you can see that clean fluid is being pulled back out of the material.
Interesting.. i might get that given they let you hire it in morrisons and use it as a wet vac in my cars to give it all a clean in summer

·
Registered
620 Posts
Servicing day today.

Got off to a bad start as it would seem someone previously had snapped 2 bolts on the cam cover and they are integrated, so i could not change the gasket for now.
New cover on order. Luckily they are dirt cheap.

It had a K&N air filter fitted that i was not aware off, and the restrictor was still present in the air box. So Restrictor removed and new paper filter fitted.

Oil filter was imploding. Odd as documentation notes service done in December, but this filter looks much older than that.

Pollen filter was dated 2008, so the original. Needless to say it was fully blocked and absolutely disgusting.

So full engine service complete with all new filters, spark plugs, Shell Helix Ultra. Gearbox oil done with
Millers Oils TRX Synth 75w-80 GL5 Fully Synthetic. That was so much fun getting the mini-sump off and trying to catch all the oil!.
Throttle body cleaned. Gear linkage re-aligned, now gears are sweet !.
Service light reset and all adaptions cleared. Ready to hit the road on monday and start doing 800 miles a week.

Normally best to get engine nice and hot when doing rocker cover so that thr bolts dont snap... not sure if u did on a cold engine

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts