Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not normally one for modding cars (too old for that sort of thing now), but I did treat my car to these the other day as I think they look far better than the original ones. The 3rd part of the video has been slowed down to see the LEDs individually lighting up.

Cost me £10.80 from eBay. Also available in black/smoked

They also fit a few other model Vauxhalls too, including the Insignia.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
yeah got them dave and louvers on the side rear windows big noisy exhaust and black wheels leather seats red calipers but im too old to mod my car too i just put stuff on it that it shouldve had when new.😃😃

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been looking at these recently and seen a few good and bad reviews, does it fit onto the car exactly like the original or did you need any adhesive to keep it flush or to stop it coming loose?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice one! Some are going for £20-£28 but might give these £11.66 ones, link to ebay for anyone interested;

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah mine twists out the original holder, not that it'll matter to much but might use some insulated tape to cover where the indicator fits into the bulb holder fora bit of protection. What's the light output like on these bad boys?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the light output like on these bad boys?
Far brighter and more noticeable than the OEM ones that Vauxhall fitted.

One of the units misted up on the inside of the lens shortly after fitting. A thin smear of silicone sealant around the inner edge and also where the flying leads hang out the unit soon resolved it.

I used self amalgamating tape to cover the connector and also used a small cable tie to take any stress off the wiring that was hanging down. Probably an overkill, but the wires coming out of the unit looked a bit flimsy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spot on Dave ! Was worried it would be a dull Amber LED in daylight. Good idea getting past the misting issue though, I reckon I'll do the same regarding the sealent an wires.

I didn't like the fact it doesn't come with anything to seal the bulb holder to the wiring but I suppose for it's price a lil' bit of DIY is a given.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't like the fact it doesn't come with anything to seal the bulb holder to the wiring but I suppose for it's price a lil' bit of DIY is a given.
The units I saw on eBay looked exactly like the OEM ones, with regard to the wiring. i.e. a hole for the existing connector to push in and twist. However when the units arrived they just had flying leads with a plug on the end to push into the existing wiring socket. I got onto the seller and mentioned they were not as described. He gave me a partial refund of 30%, meaning that I ended up paying £7.56 instead of £10.80 :)

These are what was advertised:-
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Product Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

These were what was sent to me

Glasses Sunglasses Automotive lighting Musical instrument accessory Eyewear

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went with the clear ones to match what Vauxhall had fitted, plus I didn't think the tinted ones would suit the colour of my car (sovereign silver)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ended up going for the tinted side repeaters to match the black/white colour scheme, relieved to see they did fit like the factory ones and haven't had any rattling or misting up issues either 👍
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts