Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to look at a 57 Vauxhall astra 1.6 design facelift for a replacement to my 2002 1.2 corsa c - First impressions the car certainly sold itself to me very clean, cared for car. Then got given the key and left alone by the salesmen (which i really like) to look around the car. As soon as i sat in it i knew i had to have it ! half leather seats, auto headlights, auto windscreen wipers, mp3 built in, air con it even had lights in the vanity mirrors ! (nothing exciting to some im sure but this was a big step up from my corsa !) Took it for a test drive and what a car ! my corsas ride was always crashy and you could feel every bump in the road, this astra glided over them, took it on the motorway again what a shock, i didn't have to wait ages to get upto 70mph woo ! My 1.2 corsa felt and always sounded strained on the motorway at 70mph this felt like it could sit their all day i was made up ! Got back to ask about the service history. 1 lady owner from new with a full service history from Vauxhall cambelt changed at 60k so it had only done 8k since then. I was cheeky and asked for a cash discount he knocked £300 off the price (he could tell i wanted it now) but it only had 5 months mot, i had no doubt it would fail but if you don't ask you don't get right ? He gave me 12 months mot and 12 months warranty so it was a done deal. deposit paid and i pick it up next week !
It was what i wanted, i wanted something more grown up with more interior comforts than outside looks ! all i want to do is put my osram bulbs in changed the numberplate bulbs to white ones, buy some pressed plates and maybe wind deflectors but im unsure yet. reason i don't want to modify it as my corsa used to attract all sorts of idiots at the lights etc, just want a sensible, reliable car to get me to PVS etc

heres some photos from the dealers website i haven't taken any yet.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Very nice motor my last car was a h I'm sure you will enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts