Registered
2,359 Posts
Very tidy :thumbs:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :)

I Cant really take the credit for the car tbh, the previous owner has done alot too it and properly looked after it :D
Its running the Courtenay stage 4 HT map and a stage 2 hybrid turbo, so does go very well !
Suspensions been played with but I think it could do with dropping a bit more on the front.
The brakes are unbeliveable, I had Hispec`s on my GSi and thought they where good but these are something else!
Seats are ace but are gonna be nightmare to keep clean, hence the cover :lol:
Plans are mostly cosmetic tbh, sharkeye HID headlights, LCR splitter, colour code the side strips and handles, and maybe a few engine mods.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car decided to give me a bit of grief today, clutch pedal has felt a bit strange recently and also noticed it seemed to be dropping brake fluid on the drive.

So bit of digging and I found the clutch flexi hose was about to burst out of its crimp :eek:

Thankfully it wasnt the slave cylinder as thats a gearbox out job!

Never seen this happen before!

Now normally swapping this hose would of taken about 30mins but when working on your own car, nothing goes to plan :sus:

I ended up having to cut the pipe in half and cut through the part that joins to the metal pipe as it would not undo!

Dremel to the rescue!

I think it has been overtightened from new and has flared the end of the pipe too much as the nut was tight all the way, and then I could`nt separate the joint.

Old pipe straight in the bin:

Fitted a good second hand one and bled up using 5.1 fluid, pedal now feels like it should (Y)

Looks like I will need to replace the radiator next, and sort the cracked turbo manifold out :(

Will be giving it some love soon though, got all the bits for the shark eye conversion ready, new turbo intake pipes, non resonated miltek centre section, red LED switches and new look centre console to fit :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Milltek straight through centre section fitted:
(resonated one forsale)

80k service bits, fitted a pollen filter too:

Checking out the 888 brakes and its looks like the discs arent that far off being worn out :(

Got an edition 100 centre console to fit along with new black plastic trim pieces and matching handbrake/gear stick gaiters.

Sorting out some red LED switches, red LEDs for the centre console and white LEDs for the dash.

A 888 pedal set might find its way in to :D

Hopefully going to have the shark eye headlights fitted soon and some engine mods (Y)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice looking SRi :)
Thanks mate :)

Done a few interior bits:

Edition 100 centre console, new black gear stick/traction control and obd port covers, matching gear and handbrake gaiters:
(need to get a black ashtray to finish now):

888 pedal set:

New manifold and VXR turbo cooling pipework:

My red LED switches are done so will be receiving them soon :)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts