Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and girls,
As some of you know i've been working in afghan and been collecting mods to do for when i got back
So, whilst ive been back this is what i've done
First was the eonon headunit

and the headrest monitors

Blue SMD conversion

After:

next was the xp kit and pro race 1.2's

then lowered on sportlines with vxr shocks

Exhaust

Also added parking sensors

colour coded v grill

vinyl wrapped the trim above glove box

K&N induction kit

also fitted insignia washers jets, vxr intake, pedal box
still need to de-badge the rear and colour code boot strip
(all others pics i have are on my camera and can't find the lead to get them off so will update with more pics later)

Thanks for looking
Comments welcome

If you think of any other mods to do please let me know

·
Registered
306 Posts
hi mate the car looks great,i have an eonon unit and am looking to install the exact same headrest monitors as yours..got a couple of questions,how does the back of the front seats come off...it looks like it does but i dont want to break it?,als how did you run the cables to the HU?...finally one more,where did you get power from for the monitors,i was going to conect both of them to the spare ignition live at the cigarette lighter..but maybee you did different.

any help is appreciated...have a long drive to devon soon and need to keep 2 kids occupied in the back so the sooner i get this done the better

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mate,
I have the half leather seats and the back of the seat pulls off, I pulled it from the bottom corners and worked it to the top, it was quite hard but I persevered and it came off, I got the power from the switched live at the cigarette lighter and extended this to the back of the glove box, I ran the wires down the centre of the car, removed HU, heater controls, lifted up gear stick surround and handbrake surround, With these headrests I got a amplified signal booster so I wired this off the switched live as well. All the RCA connections were female so I had to buy some male to male connectors.
Hope this helps.
If you need to know anything else let me know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks mate,
I have the half leather seats and the back of the seat pulls off, I pulled it from the bottom corners and worked it to the top, it was quite hard but I persevered and it came off, I got the power from the switched live at the cigarette lighter and extended this to the back of the glove box, I ran the wires down the centre of the car, removed HU, heater controls, lifted up gear stick surround and handbrake surround, With these headrests I got a amplified signal booster so I wired this off the switched live as well. All the RCA connections were female so I had to buy some male to male connectors.
Hope this helps.
If you need to know anything else let me know.

cheers mate thats great,can i ask how you made the connection to the switched live,was it solder,scotchlock..or something else....just want to make i have everything before i start,i am thinking i might meed to get some rca extension cables as well

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers mate thats great,can i ask how you made the connection to the switched live,was it solder,scotchlock..or something else....just want to make i have everything before i start,i am thinking i might meed to get some rca extension cables as well
I soldered all connections made and didn't need any RCA extension leads, everything supplied with the headrest was long enough

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
I was gonna say that exhaust looks very familiar to my old one :lol: pipes need to be raised a little more and it'll look perfect....some great mods and i love xp'd 5drs !! ..i think the pro races look brilliant just add some other black touches...can be made to look nice and mean !!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I soldered all connections made and didn't need any RCA extension leads, everything supplied with the headrest was long enough
Cheers mate again,thanks for the help,...just one more question if you dont mind,as there are two monitors did you solder both live wires together and both earth wires together from each monitor then solder the live to the switched live at the lighter socket...i was then going to solder the earth to the earth wire at the lighter socket.....does this sound ok

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers mate again,thanks for the help,...just one more question if you dont mind,as there are two monitors did you solder both live wires together and both earth wires together from each monitor then solder the live to the switched live at the lighter socket...i was then going to solder the earth to the earth wire at the lighter socket.....does this sound ok
hi mate, glad to help,
i extended the switch live to behind the glove box and soldered all the live together there, as for the ground there is a bolt with a nut on (10mm socket iirc) behind the glove box, i took 1 ground off this and then soldered all the grounds together. the only reason i did it all behind the glove box is cos the rca cable wouldn't of reached otherwise and i would off had to buy extenders.
doing what you said above should also work though

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I was gonna say that exhaust looks very familiar to my old one pipes need to be raised a little more and it'll look perfect....some great mods and i love xp'd 5drs !! ..i think the pro races look brilliant just add some other black touches...can be made to look nice and mean !!
Very nice car you've got there bro, agree with stealth darken it out a bit man
I was planning on getting the windows tinted but what else do you reckon would work?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts