Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - S.W region (S
4,230 Posts
Can't be sure from the description unfortunately sorry, are the brakes sticking at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't be sure from the description unfortunately sorry, are the brakes sticking at all?
dunno aint looked but i did have the same thing on my last one. it does it more when turning right after a certain speed it goes . and if i put foot on brake slightly it goes

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

Nice cab you've got there, although I personally think the wheels look a bit too big for the G profile... :)

As for the noise, sounds to me like it could be the low brake pad warning? There's usually a clip or something on the brake pad that will cause a squeaking/ringing noise when the brake pads get low to warn you audibly that you need to change your pads. Might be that? :shrug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to AON :wave:

Nice cab you've got there, although I personally think the wheels look a bit too big for the G profile... :)

As for the noise, sounds to me like it could be the low brake pad warning? There's usually a clip or something on the brake pad that will cause a squeaking/ringing noise when the brake pads get low to warn you audibly that you need to change your pads. Might be that? :shrug:
cheers mate will check that out the wheels ye it because its been lowered aswell bit of a nightmare over bumps n lumps in the road because its very hard lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Now that looks awwwwsum mate, I'll give you that!! One of the nicest iv seen, I'd drive that any day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that looks awwwwsum mate, I'll give you that!! One of the nicest iv seen, I'd drive that any day
thanks always nice when people say that . its really clean which is nice for the age only thing is I be 5th owner but only done just under 50k. seems to drive spot on. I dunno if this is right with the astras but acceleration seems to be delayed. when you put your foot down the reaction is not so instant? I had a 350z before and throttle response very good

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Welcome to AON (Y) Nice cab

Throttle delay can be bad on the G's as they were the first cars to use electronic throttle, Pedal Box is what you need!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everyone , i agree its a bit too low on the arches which makes it very hard on the road so hopeing to sort that and get it up a bit. thanks molly google for the pedal box info .
i have a gsi style bumper hopefully going on soon but apparantely you need the fogs and inserts how much do they normally cost anyone. who is good for doing remaps on the astras someone reliable and does the maps properly (custom).???

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
very nice mate i like it.when u fit ur gsi bumper make sure u put some security on it to many of them getting robbed mate.oh and welcome to AON :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts