Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thought I'd do a proper build thread so here goes

I bought my car about 8 months ago it a 2005 Astra Sri and like a lot of people on here had no plans to mod the car as I thought it was a nice looking car as standard

but me being me (I get bored quickly) I started searching the net looking at other astras and found a pic of this car

and thought it was absolutely stunning and planted the seed that I wanted to change the look of my car so again got on the net and found A.O.N so signed up and started getting some ideas from a lot of your cars.
So first up was to debadge the back of the car so with a bit of fishing gut ,hot water and some skin off my thumb it looked like this

next on my list was to have a go at painting my v grill as a lot of you have done so I got down to halfords and got some primer,paint and everything else needed and gave it ago and after a bit of trial and error (tried painting it red 1st) decided that i would paint it black and was happy with the finish (not a pro finish but not bad for a 1st go and from a can) so the car now looked like this

next up I wanted the car to sit lower but didn't want to compromise the ride so after a bit more research on here and chatting to dannytarry I found my self with some vxr springs and the car was sitting a bit lower without changing the comfort of the ride

while doing this I had been sourcing some parts and got myself a top half of a vxr bumper with slight damage and finally with a bit of haggling sourced the lower splitter that also had some damage but all in all I had a bargin with both really (sorry no pics) so got this off to my mates dad who has his own repair shop

I thought it would be a good idea to have the rear boot strip done at the same time save me the trouble of taking it off and also to get a better finish on the paint work

so after a couple of days of waiting ( but I couldn't keep myself from popping in now and again)

I had a txt to say my car was ready and on my drive waiting

so I got the bucket and sponge out and gave it a quick wash and fitted my new vxr grill that I got while waiting for the bumper to be done and she now looks like this

hope you like what you see so far all comments welcome and I will have some more updates in a couple of days

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Nice motor there and great progress.

Hope you don't mind, but I tweeked your posts so it flows better and is easier to follow. :)

1 - 20 of 320 Posts