Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
A.O.N. - T8oc.com - Secret Agent 007
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I recently got bought a Astra 888 No:007 ( Love the build number ), I say recently, it was this Monday ( 24/09/2012 ) and I couldn't be happier, I'm really impressed with how it drives and looks.

My plans for her are to have all the front end resprayed so its stone chip free and alittle bit on the back bumper. I also want all the wheels refurbing and some new tyres on them and pull the front calipers off have them repainted so looks fresh and mint.

The modifications I'm thinking about are a whiteline rear anti role bar. Uprated rear discs and pads, discs to have the same style grooves on them as the front ones. Braided lines and uprated brake fluid, Turbo back exhaust, a fmic and a hybrid turbo then tweak the map.

So I have fitted a pipercross panel filter, a short aerial as the standard one looks massive. I'm waiting for a email back from Roose motorsport on there hose kit for it and very tempted to order the whiteline rear anti role bar.

Its been looked after most of its life, just had a new clutch fitted 200 miles ago, its running the latest EDS map which is a improvement over the original map and gives a few extra bhp.
Previous owner fitted some hids and smd led side light bulbs and number plate bulbs. He also ditched the solid 1 piece front discs and upgrade to 2 piece discs with some DS pads.

Anyway its time for some pics. Enjoy!

As you can see the filter was ready for a change.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Very nice. Number is awesome too (Y)

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
lovely motor
great build number Mr.Bond!

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Stunning 888 you've got there mate.

Loving the list of mods, have a look here as Ryan did pretty much what you're looking at doing. Was an amazing machine!

I've added you to the 888 Owners group which gives you access to the Owner Lounge, and also gave you a custom user title. :thumbs:

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stunning 888 you've got there mate.

Loving the list of mods, have a look here as Ryan did pretty much what you're looking at doing. Was an amazing machine!

I've added you to the 888 Owners group which gives you access to the Owner Lounge, and also gave you a custom user title. :thumbs:
Thanks buddy, I will take a nosy at his.

I've been looking at the TX fmic but read mixed reviews of it. I had one there kits on my Coupe turbo and I was fairly impressed with it. Had to trim the bumper slighty thou but sides that was ok.

Vert Nice t8 mate
Thanks mate

very nice (Y)
Thanks mate

Welcome to the T8 club :thumbs:
Thanks mate

lovely motor
great build number Mr.Bond!
Yeah I like the build number too.

Very nice. Number is awesome too (Y)
Thanks mate

·
888 Posts
Great build number, very nice astra.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well had a good today, I got my alpine headunit in and fitted, just waiting for the alpine patch lead for the steering wheel controls. I use to have the bluetooth box for it but sold it, tempted to get another one.

All being well I should be collecting my new J hooked rear discs and ebc red stuff pads, so get those fitted and rear calipers painted red.

Might be going to look at a scorpion system tomorrow as well, its local and for the right money so worth a nosy I think.

A couple of pics I snapped.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well today I collected my uprated rear discs and red stuff pads and at first I was gunna wait to fit them, then me bro talked me into fitted them.
I was all set to go and buy a scorpion system but than changed my mind, but I think ive changed my mind again and I want it lol.
But If I get the exhaust I might as well go 1 step further and get the whiteline rear anti role bar.

Anyway a few pics of todays work.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mini Update:

I went and collected my scorpion system for the 888

I got it for a good price so couldn't say no.

Its in good condition really. Needs a better clean as I've only gave it a quick one.

A couple of pics ( sorry about the quality was taken with my phone )

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You don't hang around much do you mate!

Very nice upgrades!!!
Yeah I like to crack on and get the balling rolling with the upgrades. I'm thinking about ordering a whiteline rarb, some hoses from roose motorsport and a scorpion pre-cat decat but will have to see. Got road tax and mot this month too.

proper nice that!! :thumbs:
Thanks buddy.

Mini Update:

My new front tyres arrived today. I ordered some to match whats on the back already, some Falken 452's

Picking up some exhaust clamps after work tomorrow and hopefully will get the exhaust fitted tomorrow. Failing that Ill sort it out Saturday morning when I've got a little more time.

Quick pic

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice!

RARB is a great upgrade, well worth the money!
Yeah I had one on my 172 and it was a very good upgrade. I never got round to fitting one on my astra coupe turbo, so I thought this time with the 888 I'm having one for sure.

Also, you might know the answer to this, which use running the vxr gearbox does that mean we also use the same gearbox mounts as I was thinking about getting the powerflex gearbox inserts but wasnt sure if they would fit.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

After work tonight me and my bro cracked on and fitted my scorpion system on the T8,

Getting the original system off put up a bit of a fight but it came off. The new system went straight on no problem. It looks better and sounds alittle deeper. Will be better when I order the scorpion pre-cat decat and get the off, might be ordering that soon as I can order it from a place fairly local to me. Hmmmmm might get it this weekend lol

A quick pic I took, was dark when we finished but Ill be getting some better pics at the weekend.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking very nice bud, I have a red 888 and was unsure about wrapping my rear boot strip but seeing yours I need to get mine done !

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looking very nice bud, I have a red 888 and was unsure about wrapping my rear boot strip but seeing yours I need to get mine done !
Thanks buddy.

If I'm honest I don't like the boot strip, it was done when I bought the car. I plan on taking it off and wrapping it in some real carbon fibre like you can get from carbonmods.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts