Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there just got myself a astra sri 1.8 or orderd one 06 plate tho i am to poor to pay 19grand for a new one lol just wondering what they are like in gereral and also sports button how will that be afected if i change things on the car ie engin suspention

·
Registered
760 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The search button is your friend mate, things like "sport button" "airbox mod" etc are all things you will be interested in looking into, along with "eibach suspension" etc etc.

But basically all the sport button does is (unless you have IDS) give you 100% throttle with the pedal only 50% pressed, really just an illusion that you have more power, when you press a little the car feels faster as its pulling with the force that it would if you were pressing it twice as hard. (Hope that makes sense), it also does make the steering a bit heavier to give it more feel when driving it hard.

Thats it :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awryt cool its 1200 for me to insure the sri :( and so i can lower the car without worry then?and later on do a few things to the engin without this afecting the sport thingy bob button?

·
Registered
760 Posts
That price should drop off loads next year mate, I was 20 when I renewed and it dropped to £800, turning 21 means next year is a big milestone for insurance and if I were to get a VXr today it would be £1100.

Lowering, inform your insurance, better to be safe than sorry. Or ask first what lowering will do to.

Engine mods, well unless your messing with the computer then stuff like air filter, spark plugs etc etc wont affect the sport button.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i looked for insurance for next year with 3years no claims behind me it was 8 odd was quite happy with that and intesions for the car was lower it full exaust syteam cams valves etc etc remap and a few other bits and bobs all over tym of couse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts