Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2016 astra limited edition , is there a way i can get the mpg etc info to display ? Doesnt display ... been told i need to find someone with op com loaded on laptop. Am based in Hampshire , so if anyone wants to earn some money or can put my onto someone who could help i would appreciate it

·
Registered
998 Posts
That maybe the case with the early opcom software versions but later ones can do a bit more than that,not tried it myself but it's supposed to be possible to activate trip computer,
here's a post on vxon from a very reliable guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That maybe the case with the early opcom software versions but later ones can do a bit more than that,not tried it myself but it's supposed to be possible to activate trip computer,
here's a post on vxon from a very reliable guy.
Well the op-com (clone) I have doesn't have any options available to program my 2010 Astra J. Every single one is greyed out. I won't link the website I bought it from, but from the site:

Software - Latest Version 2014

Revision 2 circuit board with UK circuit modifications and upgrade for full compatibility (see note below about circuitry mods), note the difference in the Revision 2 casing design, this version is designed from the ground up to be a USB device, V1 Op-com was based on older Serial Port hardware with additional electronics to use the USB bus, dedicated USB technology means faster, more stable and reliable operation (if you see a different case style elsewhere where the LED indicator lamps are not flush fitted, and they don't say it is a Revision 2 Op-com, you are buying old technology)

Latest V1.70 Firmware (or Choose your own if you would prefer please message for details)
!!! Please dont be fooled by V1.99 etc they are not real !!!

Please note that our software is 2014 version, version number starts with the year, then month, then day, i.e 10=2010 02=February 19=19th day. If someone tells you their software starting with 09 is 2010 or 2011 version, that is wrong! There is a "later" version that is updated as 100820b or 08/2010, it is the same software we sell, just messed about with to add languages. We stick with the original software, as it is more stable and prefer to sell a product that works, rather than one which appears to have lots of bells and whistles attached.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think i recognise the seller from the text,
what is the actual software version shown on the first screen when you fire the opcom up ?
I run a few versions and am currently on the genuine 2017 software 170823.
I'm also uncertain about the 1.70 firmware he advertises,it sounds likely fake f/w to me along with the 1.95.1,99 versions etc
the latest official firmware is 1.67 and that is a match for the latest release
software for 2018, 181022 software,
as we've discovered over the years a firmware/software mismatch can cause some parts of the program to stop working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can i get the mpg etc optn installed / activated , im in hampshire but will drive most places to get this sorted .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts