Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
NOt sure about the boost but you should be able to fit a bigger turbo, what sort of power are you looking for?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to be honest the more power the better m8 how big of a turbo can i put on it , which turbos of which motors wil be bigger and work i have been told a turbo of a 3. izuzu 4x4 wil fit straight on , i dont know wot work etc is involved in it any help would be great
many thanks for your reply.
also, i have had it remapped, decat, big front mount intercooler do you think this would gain much more power and would a induction and a dump valve along with a bigger turbo gain much more?
is there any thing else i can do to gain more power out of this engine cheers bud

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the van is a 03 v reg , remapped at a company called celtic tuning was 300 quid they came out to house to do it too , big difference in power but seem to be developing a stutter at about 2000 rpm no fault codes stored either.

·
Gets Bored easily!
3,978 Posts
You could possibly put a bigger turbo but you would have to some research or get in touch with someone like Turbo Technics???

Im not sure how you would turn the boost up on the turbo.

I havent heard much about celtic tuning apart from its not alot of power increase...

Where in the South West are you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am from stroud ( gloucestershire) yea to be honest i dont think it was a great remap, i seem to be getting bad stutter problems at the moment its going in to a remap company soon to be checked they seem to think the fueling is very wrong and the remap could be a lot finer so fingers crossed. any idea wot sort of increase i should be geting, they claimed 75 bhp to between 100 and 110 bhp wot do you think ?

·
Gets Bored easily!
3,978 Posts
I know someone who had a map from them and only managed 98bhp on the rollers and a **** load of smoke...

To be honest i wouldnt know what the increase would be...

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Hi there one of my mates got a mk4 1.7dti whats been remapped by a local garage and that does actually the same around 2000rpm it's weird! must be something to do with remapping them! interesting to know because we have been trieing to work out for ages why it stutters abit. mine is a 1,7cdti with a DTUK box on it and its spot on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh really thanks for that thats handy to know, which box did you go for, is there more than one box that wil fit, how much power are you getting with the box then bud, does it seem better than your mates with the remap ? thanks for that reply that cool yea must be the remap might look at getting it off and look at a box every one i tlk to seems to say the dtuk are very good cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
i had my '01 1.7tdi van mapped after fitting a fmic,close to turbo filter and b4 the map i was running 70ish bhp they claimed they wud map the van to 115ish bhp but i put it on the rollers and got 91bhp and yeah smokes like a bitch befor boost and a bit after 2k.
more air need in the poor lil thing. me thinks. so yeah,what turbo can we use lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice one scruff think i wil try an inducion kit and a bigger turbo come on therers got to be se peope out there that know wot urbos we can use :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes guys i need to know about tuning the DTI engine. Do you guys have the Isuzu or the GM 1.7?

Mines std now but looking for upgrades! Maybe a group buy on remaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts