Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've changed all my interior bulbs to LED'S front works fine so does glovebox and boot but I can't change the rear ones I have tried three different types of LED swapped them round the the way the lot. Sometimes it even stops my front LEDs from working so I put the old bulbs back in (the rear) and everything's fine

Does anyone know what bulbs will definitely work for the interior rear light?

And will I be able to change the lights under the sun visor if so how?

Cheers!

·
Registered
686 Posts
are you buying canbus friendly bulbs?? i was thinking about changing the sun visor bulbs too if possible.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Was at them today mate, with canbus friendly bulbs. It proved to be a pain in the proverbial. Yes, it would stop the fronts working till a couple of starts.
The problem, I found was with the shape of the actual metal clips that hold the bulbs. The sides of them can touch the opposite side of the bulb contact area causing a short. The positive and negative side of the clips are L shaped to contain the bulb.
The smart canbus system shuts it down rather than blowing fuses etc(thank god).
Can only happen with the large rectangular form of the LEDs, won't affect glass bulbs. I used long nosed pliers to bend the clip sides out of the way. Sorted!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I bent the prongs too much lol at one point I had one led bulb working in the rear but couldn't get the otherside to work. Gonna re order a new Interior light and try again I think.

Do you have a link to the bulbs that you bought? Does the year of the car matter either? Cheers

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Dont suppose you know which canbus friendly LED's [really bright ones for my rear tinted lenses] are available at a sensible price? The good ones are £24 a pair :'(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dont suppose you know which canbus friendly LED's [really bright ones for my rear tinted lenses] are available at a sensible price? The good ones are £24 a pair :'(
WOW! They are expensive. I suppose e-bay is your best bet. Is it 8 or 10 bulbs you need, 2 being amber? The amber/flashing ones may need a resistor fitted to retain a workable flashing speed.
Width of the bulb hole in the back of the light cluster to accept new bulbs should also be considered!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts