Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to do an auto-bio seen as though it's been almost 4 years since I first bought my first Astra...

Started off a chav with this badboy, £3000 straight and £1700 for insurance! Boom.

Then took it through a lampost, ended up like this:

I went a year and a half till having the funds, a solid job and some stability before then looking for another astra, although this time, I had a certain one in mind....Which was also the downfall, as I couldn't find it! I was after a Europa Blue MK4 Coupe SE2 as standard as possible with under 60k on the clock for circa £4,000. After finding absolutely nothing, I eventually stumbled across one... It ticked every box, the location? County Antrim... Well that doesn't sound close to me at all... and it wasn't, it was across the pond in Northern Ireland. I originally found it with my mate and he said "Oh well, keep looking", so I did ... At flights & ferries. He thought I was mad - 36k on the clock, lowered, resprayed alloys and Irmy backbox, SE2 Europa Blue coupe in what seemed immaculate condition for sub £4000. I was having it! So after a taxi ride to the train station, train to Manchester, flight to Belfast, lift to his house, ferry back across to Scotland, then drive down back to Yorkshire... I finally had it. Exactly 500 days since I wrote off my old hatchback - only took me 18 hours to collect the bugger, but still, pics:

Modding didn't take long, well, as soon as I pulled onto the drive at 2AM I fitted the induction kit - to my mothers surprise as she came out and said "Why are you getting that out at this time you've not even got a car to put it on" *Turns around* "What the f.... when did u get that"... :lol:

Right I'll get onto the Mods now....

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First was obviously the induction kit, Powertec SL1 Open Cone - For £110 this was expensive but it's ******* mint. Better than ANY K&N **** out there.

I then got a bigger air intake pipe, from this:

to this:

I then met up with a mate of mine (who is no longer a mate after he used me to fraudently claim thousands off AOC members!!!) Anyway had the rear spats repaired, fitted and new pads sorted out too. His coupe was running just under 300 horses, mine a more steady 123....

Then an arty shot:

Then it was PVS... Here's how she stood:

I then decided to up the whole brakes, so accrued a set of 308mm caliper carriers, then bought brand new drilled & grooved discs, GM rear pads & yellow stuff stoppers up front - and it stops!

Also painted the calipers yellow :)

Fitted some neons, got rid of the Irmy exhaust but the one I was getting then sold so was stuck with a stupid wonky standard one... Not happy...

Also kerbed my alloy... Not happy again :(

Bearing in mind I've also been accrueing audio stuff over the past 6 months too - ready for the hude boot install.

Got myself to the 2010 blackpool illuminations meet - worth going to again!!

Also some smoked side repeaters, small mod, big difference imo!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Then just as I left the drive to go to work my gearbox went bang - wouldn't move, couldn't get into or out of gear, clutch would go up n down but no drive or nothing. :'(

Ended up being the shaft in the middle of the gearbox that holds all the cogs and linkages on had sheered away and was just roaming around in the bell housing...Nice.

Anyway, 4 months without the coupe, had a new gearbox, clutch & linkage fitted and all working sound again (Y) Had to take it out for some pics!

I treated it to some DEPO rears, got the interior DVD player sorted too. It was filthy due to the poor weather, you couldn't even tell what colour the alloys were supposed to be:

The interior had the new satnav, screen, headunit, chrome rings treated and looked like this:

It then appeared in Total Vauxhall at the MotoScope rolling road in North Allerton and it pulled 134.9BHP.

I then decided to change the grill as it was boring and also treat the coupe to some Detailing goodies, can't remember exactly what I use, billberry, jetseal, petes 53, sonus green, CG citrus wash, bumper care, V&R care, interior shampoo etc etc....

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Now gonna side track and get on with the latest audio as I forgot to put this in earlier - was in and out by July 2010 as I blew the tinsel leads, but was an immense install anyway.

Comprised of:

Uprated starter battery
2xNSB75 batteries in the boot (£200's worth of batteries)
15" RE Audio XXX V3 Sub with 4CuFt Ported Box (£250+)
Powerbass XA3000D (£310)
Miles of 0awg powercable - I must've had 10+ meters of this stuff and it currently retails in Source Audio at £40/meter
12awg for speaker cable
Gold plated stinger compression terminals £5 each, had 12 of these.
Gold plated stinger battery terminal clamps
LED strip :)

The front I had some unamped rainbow comps then changed these as I'm currently running a 2 way active setup, more on that later.

Anyway, pics (and a sneaky video):

The Vid:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=402917444689

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well alot has been done and we'd be here forever putting pics and details of each one, so I'll update it from where we last left off, I sent the alloys off to be refurbed in gloss black (powdercoated) and was sporting Tinkerbell's old 17" SRi's which didn't suit the car one bit!!

Finally got them back and the job was spot on! Wouldn't even go anywhere else now - Danum Powdercoatins in Doncaster.

Also sent my Opel center caps to Sam to get sprayed :kiss:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I then decided to get some more bulbs for the interior but don't like following a crowd and wanting something completely different so opted for some Innoparts plasma dials from Germany, they weren't cheap but worth every penny! (Or euro :lol:) Also fitted some voltmeters to watch my voltage when the bigger install gets done.

Then popped on a decat & a 2.5" bore catback which i didn't choose the tailpipe as I bought it second hand, but it's loud put it that way. Too loud. Set off 7 car alarms to date.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
very nice coupe there mate pretty impressive :)

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Good progress thread.
Love your car buddy especially after seeing it in person it does look pretty awesome.
And the paintwork is in excellent condition too(Y)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Gonna list up the mods & up to date pics as I've lost track of where I am.

Interior:
Colour coded gear & Handbrake gaitors
Irmscher doorpins
Chrome heater rings
Plasma Dials
Cruise Control
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Uprated blue interior lights

Exterior:
GSI Front with Custom paint job
OPC Grill
Osram Bulbs all round
Irmy rear spats
DEPO rear lights
Colour coded boot strip
Stubby Ariel
OCD sticker
308mm drilled & grooved discs
Yellowstuff Pads
Yellow calipers
Gloss black SE2's
Raceland coilovers
Bonnet struts
Irmy rear spoiler

Audio:
Pioneer Headunit
JL XR 650 Mids
MB Quartz Tweeters
Alpine Type G rear coaxials
Dragster DA602 & 604 amps with Sony/Alpine active crossover
5" Monitor

Engine:
Raceland decat
Powertec Induction Kit
Silicone Intake hoses
Powerflow Cat-back
Heavy right foot.

Mods acquired & yet to fit:
Cupra R Splitter
8000k Hids
Smoked Sharkeyes (Sneaky pic at the end of this post)

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
Wow now this is serious :lol: gsi front too! Mental ....one of the best ive seen defo....those dials are mental too!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow now this is serious :lol: gsi front too! Mental ....one of the best ive seen defo....those dials are mental too!
Cheers dude - yeah the dials do get alot of feedback :lol:

Fantastic progress :thumbs:

Car is looking really good :thumbs:
Cheers (Y)

Om nom nom nom,

And I get a mention too :yippee:
Of course :kiss:

Another mention when the Sharkeyes get fitted! If I ever find the backing!

Really nice work put in there!
lovely looking car and great progress!
Still a long way to go yet though :D

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
It's now looks identical to mine :lol:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rivalry is good!

However I did get the OPC grill, lights & rear spats before you :lol:

Albeit you had the GSI front fitted before me, I've had mine for a fair while - was deciding on the custom paint jobby :lol:

We will have to have a friendly competition see who's gets more votes at next years shows :D I'm gonna have to hold back on my plans then keep them secret in case you get the same done before me :lol:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts