Astra Owners Network banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Apologies for the long absence but it’s time for an update.
I fit new front discs and pads a couple of weeks ago in the hopes of stopping the low grinding noise… no joy so today it was new front hubs/bearings. And my god did it need doing! 😨
I also cleaned up the surface rust and painted the backing plates while I was at.
I’ll let the pics do the talking.
The old bearings were about ready to pack it in!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Gas Engineering Machine

Automotive tire Grass Automotive wheel system Rim Gas

Plant Automotive tire Camera lens Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Vehicle brake

Road surface Asphalt Grass Water Tints and shades

Road surface Gas Snout Personal protective equipment Concrete

Sleeve Carnivore Picture frame Art T-shirt

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fender

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Just been reading through your progress lad amazing job you have done with this car. Have you done anything else to it ?
hey man thanks. Not done much for a while unfortunately. Just a service Recently. Moneys been tight and house jobs were piling up. I’m not done by any means tho so watch this space 😁

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Ok so update time.
slight issues with the remap as I didn’t have the car pass so no ecu code. It’s (the ecu) currently with the guy who’s doing it as he gets the software to map it, delete the egr and return it to me. He’s given me a Skoda Octavia estate tho as a courtesy car so at least there’s no real inconvenience so far. He’s also doing for free now (was £150) as a way of apologising for the delay.
I said it wasn’t necessary but he insists so I’ll take that 👌🏻
In the mean time I’m collecting detailing bits and looking out for a full 5 stud conversion

Luggage and bags Bag Gas Bumper Electric blue

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Eyewear

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
258 Posts
For sure, he's renowned for being a tight git although i think he paid around the same as you, petrol's may be different but i was quite paranoid being as i've owned my coupe for twelve years so went with SM Tuning as he's apparently one of the best and a year and a half later still all good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Yeah this guy has really good Google reviews and tbf he’s been really open and honest and apologetic for the delay. He came to my house on a Saturday even tho he works Mon-Fri. He just didn’t have the software he needed to extract the car pass so he’s had to order it. Keeps me updated almost daily too so can’t fault him really

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Got the car back this morning after stage one remap and egr delete. Pulls so much better, low down to high up it just wants to go. Massive improvement from how flat it felt before, can hear the turbo whistle now 😆
Very happy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Was bored today and then I remembered I have cheap universal roof bars in the garage somewhere!
found em and did a thing free of charge.
Not sure I’m keen on it but it’ll do till I can afford a nicer roof basket.
Think the wood needs to be darker but honestly It just doesn’t look great. Ah well
It was fun to do 🤷🏼‍♂️

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

Cloud Sky Window Hood Plant

Hood Road surface Wood Asphalt Grille

Wheel Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

141 - 160 of 162 Posts