Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Next I removed the rear seats and cleaned up underneath

I need to figure out the best way to mod the new rear seats I have to fit the estate. Hatch rear seats are a completely different fitment.
Any advice, tips welcome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another day of removing seats and cleaning. Realistically I could do this all in one day, but as I’m now home schooling a 7 year old as well, I’m in and out a lot so progress is slow. But I don’t mind it’s keeping me busy.

First thing today was getting the front seats out

then it was all about cleaning. Vacuuming, brushing, vacuuming, brushing, etc
Shampooing, brushing, vacuuming again.
But the results speak for themselves

passenger side before:

and after:

drivers side before:

And after:

I’m very pleased with the results but I’ve come in for a brew because it’s freezing and my hands are numb! 🫖

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just nicked the old floor mats out of the fiesta to stick in the Astra. They’re temporary but they scrubbed up fine. I wana protect the carpet straight away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Finally got the seats fitted. Rear lower bench isn’t a direct fit but I did manage to get the rear hooks hooked on and the front lower ones are zip tied 😣
But it’s stuck solid and isn’t going anywhere.
rear upper bench just needed the middle brackets swapping from the old seats.
Old bracket:

New bracket:

Fitted

It’s not perfect, but it’s a vast improvement from where I started 🥵

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
And I got on with cleaning the lower centre console and replacing the leather gaiters.
although I’ve not managed to get the new handbrake gaiter to fit back on yet, it’s a real pig to get on. Any advice would be appreciated???

it’s pitch black out so I’ll update with pics tomorrow

·
Registered
32 Posts
Absolutely brilliant work being done here really makes me want to freshen up my own

Where did u get the brush from for the seats and boot carpet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Absolutely brilliant work being done here really makes me want to freshen up my own

Where did u get the brush from for the seats and boot carpet ?

Hey thanks, it’s coming on nicely. Took it for the first drive today, since the clean up and seats... so much better! It’s a nice place to be now and drives really smoothly.

Just type ‘drill brush set’ into eBay and they’ll come up first. Amazing bit of kit I must say 👍🏻

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Right, well... gave up on the handbrake gaiter. It’s the wrong shape all together so I’ve ordered a different (correct) one.
here’s some pics of the cleaned up lower console and new gear gaiter anyway.

Since then I’ve fit a new antenna gasket, which is a pig of a job! And a new n/a wing mirror as mine was cracked.
The new antenna gasket was a little too big so I may have added a little black silicone bodge to tidy it up 👀

Before:

During:

After:

I also picked up a bargain set of black headlights. They just need a clean up so I’ve ordered some wet/dry sand paper 👌🏻

·
Registered
32 Posts
Coming along really nice been out today and given mine some love by changing all the dash lights from the orange to a nice white very easy to do and think it complements the mk4 very nice

Going to look into changing my gatior now I’ve seen how good use looks

Keep the good work up

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Cheers I’m happy with it so far. Nothing done today really it’s been cold and raining all day. Tidied up the garage with a brew 👌🏻

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Today I have given the Wagon a much needed service. Air, oil, fuel and pollen filters and fresh oil.
(Also serviced the focus after but who cares about that right! 🖕🏻😆)

Fuel filter was a pig to get out of the metal shroud. Proper seized in there, but swearing got it out in one piece!

this was grim. Pretty sure it’s the original pollen filter 🤢😷☢

Next up I tightened the bonnet release cable. Replaced the temporary filler cap (to pass its last MOT I assume), and de restricted the air box, which was already cracked 🤷🏼‍♂️.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I also spotted a bit a corrosion where the front bumper’s held on which I’ll need to address soon. Any thoughts on sorting/treating this area?

I wana remove the tow-bar soon and fix the cracked rear bumper, so I got underneath and soaked all the bolts in wd40.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Here’s a couple of pics of the rear bumper. Who reckons this is salvageable? I’ll certainly give it ago before I get hold of a replacement.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts