Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, over the past two days the turbo has been randomly cutting out then refusing to start. the first two times it has done this i was able to leave it for about 20 minutes and it would start and would drive fine.

last night, in the fast lane on a dual carridge way, just before a major RAB, it cut out and refused to start, i left it a while but it still wouldnt start, then the battery went flat. got a mate to give me a jump and as soon as i turned it over it started and got me home.

this morning ive looked online how to do the pedal test and think i have the results.

However, i only get one code, which i think is 0335 - crank sensor, but think i get this coz the engine is switch off?

im wondering if when the battery went flat yesterday if it cleared the codes, only leave the 0335 due to non running engine?

can i do the test with the engine running?

here is a video of the test, maybe someone can watch and and either confirm i have the right code or let me know the right one?

thank you all very much!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much, thats a great help!

i will get a new crank sensor and see what happens!

cheers

matt

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Crank sensors going does tend to lead to inability to idle / start when warm, which is basically the issue you had.

Have fun fitting it they are fiddly wee ******** in an awquard spot

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mate, i got one Saturday and changed it, was fiddly but got it done and didnt drop the torx bolt!

Seems to be OK now though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts