Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s a lot of threads about this but I can’t seem to find any further advice. I’ve been trying to solve a p0234 overboost code on and off for the past year, would come on and go into limp mode at 3k revs and 80mph 100% every time. And only was to clear it would be flick the ignition off and on but would still happen a few mins after trying this. I first cleaned my EGR and pipes to the manifold. But no luck so then took the turbo off to clean it but ended up breaking most of the bolts so just replaced the turbo with a new actuator but this still didn’t fix it. Then tested for boost leaks and cleaned my map sensor but still no fix so gave up for a bit. But recently started doing bits again but am starting to run out of ideas. This is what I have done so far;

egr clean
New turbo and actuator
Inlet manifold clean
New map sensor
New vacuum converter (turbo waste gate control)
Vacuum pipe between turbo/ vacuum converter
(Sounds basic but...)New air filter

after changing the vacuum converter and pipe it has made things a lot better. It doesn’t go into limp mode as much but it still happens. I don’t know what else to do now apart from change the rest of the vacuum pipes and maybe an egr blank and map? I believe the vacuum pump if okay because it’s not continuous?
Any help would be appreciated thank you😊

1 - 1 of 1 Posts