Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
40,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not been in long and had a lovely bath and an ice cold calypso to ease the sunburn and quench the thirst.

I'll not lie, I was stressing about this weekend. I know there was no need but there are lots of things that have gone off that made me want to try and make this a much friendlier social meet. And, through brilliant planning, staff and members, it worked.

As usual, I know I will miss or forget names but it doesn't mean you're any less thought of.

The Saturday night was as sociable night as I've ever had. I had not seen some of you for a year, some it was the first time, and we chatted, laughed, drunk, set alarms off in the bar, ate, drank more, as though we were the closest of friends and, eventually, about midnight, I rolled into bed happy.

The Sunday morning cruise went relatively well, considering my Satnav seems to favour single track country lanes! We arrived on the stand in relatively good time. I do wish to apologise to everyone who was constantly moved around. I know everyone wants to get settled but with such an amazing turnout, it's very hard to get the layout right the first time. Ok, maybe 7 changes is a bit much but we did look good at the end!

The BBQ and drinks were, I think, an Avenue we could persue. It wasn't good for just us but for members of the show stopping as well and buying and causing conversations to spring up. Dave and Kev deserve a special mention as they slaved over the BBQ for hours as well as bringing the stuff.

Dawn deserves a special mention. All tickets and passes sorted without hiccups, you're an amazing person to have around chick :kiss:

I still don't think I got to say hello to everyone but there were that many of you! Brilliant!

Dom at DoDo Juice deserves a special thank you as well for donating such a bundle of great prizes. All their products are quality. He must have donated £150 worth of stuff.

A few new members, who I hope we're made to feel welcome, attended too which was very nice to see.

There are so many thanks that are needed but not enough space to put them all. So a special thank you to everyone. You made it better than the show I wanted it to be (Y)

·
A.O.N. - Events Administrator - (Dawn)
30,097 Posts
awww Mickie you're such a big softie. I did keep telling you not to stress though :p
It's days like today that make it all worthwhile :kiss:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
who was it who set the alarm off anyway :lol:

i remember the barmaid shouting 'someones opened that bloody door again!' as i scurried away :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Was great to see every one again.

Mickie, you musst have covered several miles last night wandering between the different groups of people dotted around the place, you did a fantastic job of mingling.

Todays show was fantastic and the weather completly unexpected.

Only down side to the day was Tony breaking his promise and not running his Astra down the strip, although it did join the convoy this morning!

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
As usual the AON'ers turned an average show into a fantastic social event, easily the best show I have ever been too!

Roll on Trax :D

·
Astra Owners Network - Vauxhall Tuner - (Dave)
2,485 Posts
Was a real good day and a special Saturday night thanks to you all that came. The pre show drinks were great with a lot of **** taking on Daryls behalf was a great night and a good show today:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Gutted I missed Saturday night, will NEVER make that mistake again, was lovely to see you again Mickie although a bit gutted I didnt get a special mention especially after talking about flaps pmsl :)

In all seriousness though was 1of the best shows for a while, all thanks to fantastic staff and members x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - S.W region (S
4,230 Posts
Great show and great weekend even with me moaping about feeling sorry for myself with the fever and tonsillitis. Met loads of people over the course of the weekend, had a good laugh Saturday evening and a great day at PVS. Roll on TRAX

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
Great show and great banter the night before, even if John likes to ignore the 'this door is alarmed' sign :lol:

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GIVE A BIG THANK YOU TO DARYLL FOR THE FREE ENTERTAINMENT IN THE BAR ON SATURDAY NIGHT !

CHEERS DAIVE ! :lol:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Daive :D
But seriously, what a weekend!!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Another brilliant weekend, thoroughly enjoyed as always with great cars and great company. Thanks to all the AON staff and members that help make national shows the great events that they are. It's always and early start for the Scotland crew but it's well worth it :thumbs:

Looking forward to Trax, see you all there.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Good to meet most of you :D would have tried to get around to everyone but i was in the que for the strip for ages :D

Thanks to everyone who organised the day it was brilliant also thanks to mike and lottie for getting us burgers while we was in the que :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Good to meet most of you :D would have tried to get around to everyone but i was in the que for the strip for ages :D

Thanks to everyone who organised the day it was brilliant also thanks to mike and lottie for getting us burgers while we was in the que :lol:
You're not allowed to post anymore until you've loaded the photos lol!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts